right time Time every 10 minutes

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
vsolivie
right time Time every 10 minutes

Post by vsolivie »

Hello, can anyone help me with how to proceed to announce the right time every 10 minutes
radio42
Site Admin
Re: right time Time every 10 minutes

Post by radio42 »

You can for example use Fix Time Elements within a script together with the LoadTrack mode and the ${start_HH} and ${start_mm} macros.

E.g. create a folder which contains all your audio files for the time announcements and name the files in a certain way, e.g.:
- 0100.mp3
- 0110.mp3
- 0120.mp3
- 1500.mp3
- 1510.mp3
- 2340.mp3
- 2350.mp3
etc.

Then create one FTE (Fix Time Element) for each 10 minutes with your script you are executing for each program, e.g.
- one for 00:00
- one for 10:00
- one for 20:00
- one for 30:00
- one for 40:00
- one for 50:00
Note, that the FTEs are scheduled per hour, so the time specified is in minutes and seconds!
In case you are scheduling a new program each full hour, then you might need to check the 'Skip Last' option with the 00:00 FTE in order to not have a duplicate FTE at the full hour when a new program starts and the old ends.

For each FTE now use the 'LoadTrack' mode and select as an entry a path to your time announcement folder and use the above macros to denote your filename. E.g.:
LoadTrack C:\time-announces\${start_HH}${start_mm}.mp3

A FixTime Element is a special script element which is scheduled at an exact given time, e.g. at every :30 minute of an hour.
If a FixTime Element is due to be scheduled for its given time it will be used in addition to the regular script lines. The start_ macros will resolve at run-time to the effective time the FTE is assigned to.

Please also click on the '?' icon at the top right of the Fix Time Element dialog to understand the different optional values.
radio dada

Post by radio dada »

Hi,
In my script I defined 2 FTE (as overlay), the first at 00.00, and the second at 30.00! What should be set so that the interval between the two FTEs is exactly 30 minutes? In other words, what should be set so that the track before the FTE is not cut and ends exactly the 30-minute interval, so that the FTE starts fixed?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you set it to Fixed, the previous track might be cut off.
If you set it to Soft the effective start time might be delayed.
As such you can logically not guarantee that the time between two FTEs are exactly 30min. !

With a program itself you can set the ‚TryEnsureExactLength‘.
This tries to ensure, that the program length is filled without a cutting off a track. Eg. you could define a program length of 20min. and let each program script start with your special track. In that case you don’t even need an FTE at all.

Don’t know if that helps you.
radio dada

Post by radio dada »

I tested "Program" and it really works with 'TryEnsureExactLength'. My problem is that my script has 20 lines and within 30 minutes, I practically can't reach the last line of the script! If the current program ends with script line no.15, for example, is there a possibility that the next program will start from script line no.16? From what I noticed any program, it starts with script line no.1
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No. That’s of course not possible.