Adjusting playlist

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Adjusting playlist

Post by Farbo »

When tracks are loaded into DJ Players and I want to insert some other track from playlist, like jingle for example, how can I do it without unloading some track from DJ Player, i.e. jingle track will just wait until some DJ Player is free and PF will then load this track. I think previous versions of PF did support this but now when I want to insert jingle track for example directly after currently playing item PF ejects the next track which is already loaded into DJ Player and substitutes this track with this jingle track. Shall I set something in settings?
Peter
Farbo
Re: Adjusting playlist

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I mean if I want to insert some track between already loaded tracks which are playing and the inserted track will be loaded into first free dj player. Hopefully you understand my point of view. I want to achieve that playlist is not changed, i.e. music tracks are not deleted but if I suddenly want to insert some jingle inbetween music tracks I can do it also within trackks already loaded into DJ Players.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can simple Drag&Drop a Jingle (or whatever track) to a DJ Player or to the playlist entry position.
However, if the DJ Player (to which you drag the new track) had another track already loaded, that track will of course be unloaded/ejected (and in case "Mark Played" is selected) that ejected track will of course be marked as played (*).
As such, if you want the old (ejected) track to be played again, you need to load it again to a DJ Player or toggle its play state.
But you can not directly 'insert' a new track to already loaded DJ Player tracks.
This behaviour has never been changed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I understand you - but as said, that was never possible.
All tracks of the playlist are always played out via the DJ Players - no exception.
As such, if you want to play a new track in between two already loaded DJ Players, one of the DJ Players needs to unload its alreday loaded track...and unloading a track from a DJ Player follows the 'Mark Played/Remove Player/Nothing" option.
You might however use one of the Standby Players instead, e.g. load the Jingle to a Standby Player, turn off AutoPlay, play the Jingle from the Standby Players, turn on AutoPlay...
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I am sorry I can not explain it better. I know it was working somehow before. I had items in playlist, four of them were loaded into DJ Players and first one was playing (for example player A). I decided to move up one jingle track (not loaded in DJ Player) from playlist so I put it after actually playing track and behaviour was (at least I think) that after actually playing track finished, next one followed (for example in player B) and the jingle track was loaded into player A right after the finished track was unloaded. Does it make a clearer picture now?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you tried to turn off the "Follow" option (next to AutoPlay).
That's the only new option which was added recently.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Folow option is turned off, of course. Exactly that is strange to me. I thought that exactly this option makes the difference.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, everything is set as you told, see attached picture.

But PF is not behaving as you expect or as it works on your computer. I remember it was working time ago.

How can I send you a video with this behaviour? It is 68MB large. Check your PM for link from my skydrive space.
Attachments
Playlist Settings.jpg
Playlist Settings.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 10441 times
Last edited by Farbo on 22 Aug 2012 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Attached video...?
Where can I find that?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Sorry, I sent to you by PM or you can already find it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3svab2rLFg&feature=plcp
Peter