Some libraries could NOT be loaded

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
Some libraries could NOT be loaded

Post by hdradio »

I am trying to find why this error appears when PFOA starts or when I click "reload" button on "Auto playlist path".
I 've checked all libraries, all files are ok.
Any way to troubleshoot this ?

I am running the latest beta 4.0.4.2 although this warning appears long time ago but I was always ignoring it.
hdradio
Re: Some libraries could NOT be loaded

Post by hdradio »

This is how I had my setup from the beginning.
Now I did the following. I deleted all my playlist libraries from "Auto playlist path" folder. ( I kept a copy first ).
There is only one "Additional media library" defined (which is my music library).
I click reload and I get the same error : Check your libraries. 1 media libraries loaded. Some libraries could NOT be loaded.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Guess you did not restart.
When you open the Media Library Management dialog, eg. from the ribbon tab ‘Libraries’ ... there should be the ‘Broken’ lib(s) being shown.
In that dialog you might also remove it, if it is no longer needed.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Do you mean restart PFOA ?
When I open Media Libray Management dialog from the ribbon tab "Libraries" I don't see any "broken" libs.
When I go to Settings->Folder/Libraries->Media Libraries "Auto playlist path" -> click Reload button the error shows :
Check your libraries. 1 media libraries loaded. Some libraries could NOT be loaded.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I think that I 've found where the problem was :
I opened "ProppFrexx OnAir.medialibs" file with notepad and I saw that under <MediaLibraries> was a second entry (with the same name) of an old library that I had deleted long time ago. I don't know how it left there. And it didn't show anywhere. It should be shown in libraries as broken I guess.
Anyway. I deleted this entry and now it's ok.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Auto Playlist Path scans for any supported playlist extensions which are supported and then tries to load any of these files found.
If one of the files found is in fact not a valid playlist file format you might this error.

Why are you using the Auto Playlist Path?
As this option is in most cases not needed!