Where is the Filename Column

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DennisdeWit
Where is the Filename Column

Post by DennisdeWit »

Dear Bernd,

I have restyled the layout since the last update at the local radio. I didn't like the big boxes with all this info. However, I am looking for the FileName column. It isn't there anymore. So I went to the Miscellaneous tab and clicked on 'Custom Column Chooser'. However, I can not find the FileName column in the chooser.

How to re-enable the File Name column? Without this column it's hard to tell in which order my songs are. (I am using a folder with MP3's numbered from 1 to 28.)
DennisdeWit
Re: Where is the Filename Column

Post by DennisdeWit »

Dear Bernd,

Thank you. I will try this when I get back at the station in the weekend. Please remember: I am 'just' a radio dj and not the IT-guy of the station. He has his own account here, but is in the middle of a moving and he has enough on his mind already. :-))

Thank you,
Dennis
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As explained in the 'News post', before changing the layout, it is recommended to show the 'Columns Band Headers'.
Make a right-click into the playlist and from the context menu select: 'Miscellaneous -> Show Band Column Header'.

Once the band column headers are shown, the Filename column is also available again...
(the reason why it is hidden without showing all bands, is that it is pre-grouped in another band, which is hidden, when the band is hidden)

Also: Do NOT forget to SAVE the new layout once you redesigned it (from the Miscellaneous ribbon tab), as this is not saved automatically anymore.

All this might sound complicated, but note, that this is typically a one off adjustment and is then rarely touched ever again.
klinkhamer49
Column chooser

Post by klinkhamer49 »

Dear Bernd

If I allow an update of Proppfrexx 64 bit the column chooser changes, how is that possible?

Greetings Jeichienus
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I assume, that this is unrelated to 64-bit; as the 32- and 64-bit versions are exactly the same ;-)
It is probably the version from which you upgrade.
What version is your old one? And to what version are you upgrading?
And what exactly is different?
Maybe you experience the new banded (multi-row) layout? as explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2015&p=10143