syndication & regional program

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
Re: syndication & regional program

Post by moogwill »

So i got my answer to one of the questions, i just tested a "overlay resolved to playlist" that effectively started the B area overlay ;)

i still cannot find how to configure how many files will played from the news category I've created, It plays only one

Capture d’écran 2021-03-17 à 13.13.24.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It always only plays 1 file from the News Category - this is by design and probably won't change.
Else you would need to use multiple regions separately. It always selects one track per new category. If you have multiple tracks in your category, the 'Track Usage' defines which one to pick.

E.g. you need to set the option to combine multiple overlays and probably define multiple overlays. Alternatively you might also define one Overlay and use a script to combine them.

Update (18.03.2021):
The above (always play only 1 track) is only the default. Please see below how to specify more tracks!!!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Oh!!! ok :-/ i thought i was doing something wrong.

so what is the separator for ?

TL.
Last edited by moogwill on 18 Mar 2021 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What separator?
Multiple Overlays means multiple entries in the Overlay.
There is am Option in the general settings to combine them. See the tool tip for its condition.
Or what do you mean?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

in the "news category window" you can define an opener a separator a closer and a bed.
the separator made me think it was possible to use multiple files
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahhh!
I have told/I have hidden on important detail!!!
My mistake, I am sorry!

You are fully correct, all fitting news tracks are picked from the list of news tracks available, and in the order you specified.
BUT, only if the MaxAge is not reached (or set to 0 in the News Category) AND the maxNewsCount or maxDuration is not reached as specified in the Overlay! And these two values are by default indeed set to 1 (maxNewsCount) resp. to 0 (maxDuration)

So where to find this in the Overaly?
When you select the 'News' for the overlay Type, the following is e.g. displayed as Playing: "myNews|1|0"
These are 3 values separated by the pipe symbol: "newsCategory|maxTrackCount|maxSeconds".
E.g.
newsCategory = myNews
maxTrackCount = 1
maxSeconds = 0 (e.g. unlimited)

In order to play more (e.g. 3) news track, specify: "myNews|3|0"
In order to play all news track, specify: "myNews|0|0"
In order to play up to 3 minutes, specify: "myNews|0|180"

I hope this makes it clear now!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

seems to be very clear now.... thanks!

one more question related to this: Is the bed restarted on each new file or keeps playing till the end of the overlay ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The New's 'Soundbed' track is played looped and attenuated with each single news track.
Else it would play over the news opener, separator and closer, which doesn't sound good.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

as I Cannot use forced playlist insert in the overlay options for multi areas news category, the main playlist slips from the repsective time of the overlay, when iserted in the generated playlist when RVT.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but I lost your explanation here - what do you mean by 'forced playlist insert in the overlay options for multi areas news category' ??
The main instance always defines when an overlay is started at all the slaves. As such, you can only RVT for that main playlist, but not for the slaves, as the music is always the same for all slaves ?! Is that what you mean?
Else I didn't get you and you might need to provide a more detailed explanation so that I understand what you mean.