Propfrexx and Pluxbox Radiomanager

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RADIORFMNL
Propfrexx and Pluxbox Radiomanager

Post by RADIORFMNL »

How can I ensure that propfrexx creates a file (may also be csv) that meets the requirements below.
In principle, RmConnect is able to map all information from a structured XML to data for the RadioManager API. However, a minimum number of variables are required. For the playlist, for example, RmConnect needs to know which hour the items have to be loaded, preferably that is in a separate element in the XML, but this can also be removed from an item. In the example you send, I do not see that unfortunately. The system can not know where the playlist will have to be loaded.
Furthermore, three items are required per item: duration, type and external ID. The first two can be seen in the XML, but there seems to be no clear ID for each Item. The latter is especially necessary if you also want to use the Now Playing functionality and must therefore be unique per hour block.

If you can export an XML with the required information, please send it to me, then I will see if I can help setting up a configuration for RmConnect.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Propfrexx and Pluxbox Radiomanager

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain, what RMconnect (or Pluxbox Radiomanager) is and for what it should be used resp. what kind of file you try to write?
Also note, that the above is not interface or API description, as such, I cannot give you a clear answer to this!
Also please explain, what version of ProppFrexx you are using and what you have already send to the user you refer to in the post!

But you can take a look to these control-commands:
EXEC_WRITE_FILE
EXEC_WRITE_PLAYLISTFILE
PLS_CURRENT_SAVE
RADIORFMNL

Post by RADIORFMNL »

I have send him a playlist export, in xml.
Pluxbox is radioprogram scripting software
explaining rmconnect:
https://pluxbox.com/documentation/rmconnect
RADIORFMNL

Post by RADIORFMNL »

I'm using the basic version.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, what the use case is behind?!
But here you can find the ProppFrexx Playlist format explained. Not sure, if that helps?
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/downl ... Format.pdf
RADIORFMNL

Post by RADIORFMNL »

Youtube vid about pluxbox
https://youtu.be/viZ4qPkINqo
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you cannot explain what to do with it, I unfortunately have no time to watch videos of foreign products - I am sorry.