Two reminder at the same hour

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
jsonio
Two reminder at the same hour

Post by jsonio »

Hello,

I'm using two reminders to send commands to PF.
But sometimes I need two commands to be played at a given time exaclty one after the other, sometimes only one command.

Is there a way I can control the order of two different reminders scheduled at exactly the same moment?

Because each reminder has a different recurrence, I would like each command stay in one separate reminder.
Is there a way to be sure of the order in which they'll be called if they are scheduled at the same time? Like a priority option?

Thank you very much !

Justin
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Two reminder at the same hour

Post by radio42 »

Currently there is only the possibility to order reminders is by its time, e.g. they have to be at 1 second apart.
But...
Why do you need multiple reminders?
Note, that you can specify multiple commands with a single reminder. Maybe you know that already.

So if that is not an option, I can look into adding a Priority here as well.
jsonio

Post by jsonio »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm using reminder to record the broadcastings but from the next month it will change one week out of two.

Case 1: (current configuration)

Every Saturday

15pm REC START file1 -> REMINDER 1
17pm REC STOP file1 -> REMINDER 2, line 1
17pm REC START file2 -> REMINDER 2, line 2
19pm REC STOP file2 -> REMINDER 3

Case 2: (what I need to do) the 2 programs will be recorded only one week out of two
So, the problem is I would like to make an even or odd recurrence on saturdays but I think it doesn't exist.
So, I think I need to use 4 reminders command, and 5 recurrences (one for each saturday) but I need to be sure Reminder 2 will be playing before reminder 3 when both are scheduled.

Note: the fact that there is no recurrence for the 5th xxday of the month (but only the last one) is also a problem in this case, because I can't match precisely the 5th saturday only but either the 4th or the 5th (which is a problem in a even/odd different programming)

Saturday 1

15pm REC START file1 REMINDER 1
17pm REC STOP file1 REMINDER 2
17pm REC START file2 REMINDER 3
19pm REC STOP file2 REMINDER 4

Saturday 2

15pm REC START file1
17pm REC STOP file1
17pm
19pm

Saturday 3

15pm REC START file1
17pm REC STOP file1
17pm REC START file2
19pm REC STOP file2

Saturday 4

15pm REC START file1
17pm REC STOP file1
17pm
19pm

Saturday 5 (when it exists)

15pm REC START file1
17pm REC STOP file1
17pm REC START file2
19pm REC STOP file2

I hope, it is understandable !

Thank you very much,

Justin
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can hardly validate your entire setup from here, e.g. you might also try to use the related Program Scheduler events (e.g. the OnProgramStarted event).
I am not sure what exact control-commands you are using, but also note, that the MIXER_OUT/INPUT_REC_ON commands do stop automatically any previous recording.

Also note, that the new v4.0.5.11-Beta was just released, which now supports Priorities for Reminders.
(select 'Check for Beta-Versions...' to update)
jsonio

Post by jsonio »

Hello,

Thank you very much ! Sorry for the setup... I was just trying to explain the full context ^^

The priority option will be perfect, the only problem remaining is I have nothing in the recurrence options to set up a record the 5th saturday of the month. The last option, will affect the fourth saturdays of some moths as well, would a "fifth" option be possible in the select list ?

Thank you very much !

Justin
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately not. The recurrence pattern is provided by a UI library which I am using. as such I have no control of it.
As such I cannot add an option to address only the fifth day/week of a month (if existing).
The only option existing is the 'Last' week of the month - not sure, if that helps?