Loop sampler playback much slower

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Loop sampler playback much slower

Post by phonic »

Recorded some loops to test the loop sampler and notice it’s playing back at a different speed. Tested multiple times with different decks and different songs same issue.

How do I get it to playback the loops at normal speed( same as recorded)?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Loop sampler playback much slower

Post by radio42 »

I just tried to reproduce that here, but couldn'.
Can you explain this in a bit more detail, how you are exactly testing the loop sampler and how to reproduce the behavior.
Maybe even a little video or alike...?
phonic

Post by phonic »

Hi Bernd,
Glad you’re not having the same issue, could it be something I’ve set or not set?

Here’s what I did:
I created a new playlist
added 5 songs
Loaded one of the songs into desk A.
Select FX
Press play to Start the music and press and hold to record the loop. Press stop on the music, and play back the loop and it’s clearly a different speed. Even if I save it and play it back via a different player.

I’ve tested in my home pc that has the Professional version not Enterprice and it’s using a simple USB mic with headphone jack and sound times hangs with spinning cycle but after change from WDM to WASAPI and restarting seems OK.l and play back is the same speed as should be.

The only big difference is the sound card used in the studio it’s a Sonifex Auricon 4.4 PCIe (PC-AUR44) and runs in 32bit 48 while my home PC is 16bit 44.1.

I may do some more testing tomorrow and change it to 16bit or 24bit to see if that’s the issue.

Oh one other thing I’ve found out while using the touch screens this evening is that the Loop recorder does not work well with them, as you can’t press and hold, only press, and after pressing play it just give a buzzing noise and pressing stop and trying again to record it closes the ProppFrexx programme.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Normally you should click on the Start loop button and then after on the Stip loop button to define the range of the loop - but not hold any button.
However, I’ll also try to reproduce your issue with the steps described later on.
phonic

Post by phonic »

It does work your way(not tested in the studio yet if this was the issue as it works on my home PC anyway). However I may have uncovered a bug in doing so:
crtl + left click to move Loop markets, keeps giving me this error message:

06-Apr-19 3:12:22 PM [v4.0.5.23]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: ProppFrexx ONAIR.Void zEJx(System.Object, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
********** System Stack Trace **********
at ProppFrexx.DJPlayer.zEJx(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Will double check this as well !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A new v4.0.5.25 is available, which should fix this issue - at least I couldn't reproduce that here anymore...let me know, if that also works for you!
phonic

Post by phonic »

Seems to be ok now with this update. I'll check again tomorrow when in the local studio. Thanks for your help!

However this brings up another question with regards to looping.
I have a feeling you're going to say I'm possibly doing this wrong, but I've defined the markers (green LS and LE tags), but will only loop when opening the FX window and touching the very small loop text. Is it possible to use the bigger LOOP button to start and release a predefined loop?
phonic

Post by phonic »

Unfortunately the error is not resolved with moving tags with mouse:

11-Apr-19 10:19:17 PM [v4.0.5.25]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: ProppFrexx ONAIR.Void C0Of(System.Object, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)
********** System Stack Trace **********
at ProppFrexx.PFLPlayer.C0Of(Object , MouseEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is a different error and not the same as before! I'll take a look...
But can you describe the exact steps to reproduce that issue - as I seem to be unable...