song titles with embedded playlists not working

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
song titles with embedded playlists not working

Post by phonic »

Just been testing voice tracking a show, and scheduled it to go live at 5pm for one hour, I used LoadFolder as some voice track while others use instant recorder depending on the presenter, the folder(/Drivetime-Monday/AIR/) only ever has one file that should be aired(playlist or audio file), so LoadFolder is a good solution as file names are never the same.

It loaded at the scheduled time as an embedded file in DECK A and started to play, but the song title said 22 Tracks - Monday 10th June Drivetime? It never changed to the playing songs. Is this a bug with embedded playlists or not implemented yet?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: song titles with embedded playlists not working

Post by radio42 »

A LoadFolder script-line would not result in an embedded container. It loads up to ‘Count’ individual tracks from that folder.
So you might have also specified the ‘AsEmbeddedContainer’ script-line option.

But if the LoadFolder script-line finds a playlist file, than yes, it will be loaded as an embedded container and does not resolve the playlist as individual tracks! So that works as designed.

Use the LoadPlaylist script-line to resolve a playlist file into individual tracks.

However, in the general settings, seciton 'Streaming' you can specif under 'Streaming Options' - 'Use Embedded Container Tracks'.
If checked the individual tracks of an embedded container are used for song title updates - else the container title itself is used.
So make sure to specify this option in your case.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 10 Jun 2019 20:19 A LoadFolder script-line would not result in an embedded container. It loads up to ‘Count’ individual tracks from that folder.
So you might have also specified the ‘AsEmbeddedContainer’ script-line option.

But if the LoadFolder script-line finds a playlist file, than yes, it will be loaded as an embedded container and does not resolve the playlist as individual tracks! So that works as designed.

Use the LoadPlaylist script-line to resolve a playlist file into individual tracks.

Only one file is ever put in the AIR folder, currently it's the playlist "Monday 10th June DriveTime.pfp" no options have been added, and loads as an embedded playlist. That's not an issue. The issue is the Song title is always " 22 Tracks - Monday 10th June DriveTime" for the complete hour.

The reason for not using LoadPlaylist, is the name is never the same as normally it would be Showname-topic-date.wav or Showname-topic-date.pfp. I guess I could use two script lines, Load File and Load Playlist, but was wondering if this is a bug why the song titles within the embedded playlist are not being used.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No it is not a bug. See my explanation above!
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 10 Jun 2019 21:40 No it is not a bug. See my explanation above!
My apologies, I missed the part of your reply about the configuration setting for some reason. I need sleep 💤