cue in mix but start from begining

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
cue in mix but start from begining

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

maybe not a bug, but it looks like.

where is the cue point in the segue editor??

and why is the mix point set at "start" and not at "cue in"

Note that it's sometimes impossible to pfl from segue in this particular case (not everytime) but sometimes stop at the end of the previous track then blink
Attachments
pfl cue sl.PNG
cue segue.PNG
cue ex pfl.PNG
radio42
Site Admin
Re: cue in mix but start from begining

Post by radio42 »

You have set the MixIn value for the track to "CueIn, but start from the beginning" - this setting actually causes exactly this behavior!
I.e. the original cue-in position isn't show in the Segue-Editor anymore.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Something is not clear in this option... Here's what I'd like to obtain. but i want to hear the part from start till cue in point.

I want the cue in point of the track aligned to the next of the previous (as it is supposed to be) but i want to hear that little previous part at the start.
Attachments
segue correct.PNG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is actually what the "CueIn, but start from beginning" should do - isn't it?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

it should but it doesn't.. look at my first post pictures ... you can see that "CueIn, but start from beginning" is selected. then check on the pfl where the cue in point is located. and if you look to the segue editor you can see that the start is aligned with the next (not the cue in)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh, now I see it. It actually plays CORRECTLY thru the DJ Players, but you are right, the display in the Segue-Editor is not correctly adjusted. This is just a initial display issue in the segue editor, which will be corrected in the next version!
However, note, that the "CueIn, but start from beginning" is a one-of (destructive) option only, i.e. it can not be used in the segue editor to further align the segue graphically. Or in other words, once it is applied you can not move the track graphically to adjust the segue.

If you want this option, consider the 'Ramp1' MixIn option, i.e. set the CueIn to the very beginning of the track (where it should effectively really be started), but set the Ramp1 cue-point to your effective MixIn position.
If you need a real intro position (where the DJ talking should end), you can use the Ramp2 cue-point.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok, but please double check the result mix, because it doesnt seems to play exactely as it should. will give a new try to be sure.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Ok I just did a check... sounds correct but look different... I found how to reproduce this bug with the segue editor:

if you try to preview the mix from the segue editor it wont work if you start listening after the visual start of the track (that is not the real start anyway).

in this case it wont play, and will move the track in the editor.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, it is a visual issue (which will be fixed in the next version). When you play the tracks tru the DJ Players all is correctly played!