Streaming Server Error

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
WickedSpins23
Streaming Server Error

Post by WickedSpins23 »

Hi, I'm new to ProppFexx and trying it out as I'm more familiar with SAM Broadcaster but since upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 my version of SAMs is not compatible. So I found myself ONAIR and from the looks of it seems on par with what I had with SAMs so I've installed the DEMO to try out before the purchase.

All has been going well with the setup and pretty straight forward until I get to setting up the stream server where I have hit a wall. I put my station details in and all I get is the message in the status bar "Unknown Error Occurred" > I feel it maybe down to the passwords but surely that would be a known error, the reason I feel it maybe is because it asks me for two sets
Username + Password
Admin + Password
Assuming that one is for my SHOUTcast username and password but what is the other for? and which is which.

now in SAMs on the encoder & streamer config I just have to enter one password entry and not asked for a username or admin .
Radiofreak
Re: Streaming Server Error

Post by Radiofreak »

See attached a screenshot of my test stream. You only need to fill in your stream adres, port and source password.
Attachments
Streaming server.jpg
WickedSpins23

Post by WickedSpins23 »

thanks, RadioFreak not quite sure what part fixed it but I think it was the stream ID as I had it in there as I have it in SAMs as sid=1 and I just removed the (sid=) and I also rentered the password. Everthing else was set as you have yours
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It was the Stream ID. This is only needed, in case you operate a Shoutcast v2 server.
For a v1 Server it needs to be empty.

The Admin password is only needed in case you want to manually use the server to update the meta data even if PF is not the streaming source for the audio part.