Voice track on 2 stations

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sbourghardt
Voice track on 2 stations

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi,
I have a question about voice tracking. We use PFOA on our station and help our other stations using the same system. Now we have a program that is done by remote voice tracing at our station that another station with PFOA wants to broadcast.

Is it possible to do a remote voice track to 2 stations, with both stations keeping their own news and adverts?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voice track on 2 stations

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that should be possible - but you need to change the server address every time for each of the servers to connect to.

Just try it out...
sbourghardt

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi,
I. don't know how to try this really. To be more clear, this is what I want to do:

The studio running PFOA is called A.
The 1st station is called B, and 2nd station C.

Now, A does a voice track running on B weekdays 10.00-11.00. I want the same show to run on C at the same time. Is there a way for A to send the voice track to both B & C?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, this is not supported automatically. But there are other ways...
Each uploaded remote voice tracking session is located in an extra directory, which you might copy to the other stations, eg. manually or via a sync tool.

However, in your case you prepare a full show at station A which you want to broadcast in station B and C.
As such, another option is to downmix your ready made show to a single file. To do so, select all tracks of the final playlist (CTRL+A) and then right click and use ‚Selection -> Downmix -> Save As...‘
Give the target file a useful name, eg. incl. the date.

Now you can copy/sync this file over to station B&C.
And in station B&C you can now use a program/script to schedule that file, eg. using macros to reference that file dynamically using the date.
Example:
File: MyShow_20200317
Reference: MyShow_${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}

Also see here or the Appendix of the User Manual:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2341

As said, it is not fully automatic, but almost. Just the sync/copy and downmix needs to be done.