Scheduler start options

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
GraceHuang
Scheduler start options

Post by GraceHuang »

May I know what happens if I select StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist under Scheduler start options? For example, if I have programmes scheduled at 1pm and 2pm, will the 2pm program start and replace the 1pm playlist? Meaning it will be the only playlist open and running?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scheduler start options

Post by radio42 »

No. The "Scheduler Start Options" are executed when the 'Run Scheduler' function is executed, e.g. when you press the related ribbon tab button. In this case, the StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist option will check, if there is already a current playlist window existing and if yes, it will start the current scheduled program in that playlist instead of within a new playlist window.
Note, that there is always only one program running at a time.

Example:
ProppFrexx is running (but the Scheduler is currently not running, e.g. y0u haven't checked the 'Auto Start Scheduler' option) and it is 1:45pm. But you have opened a playlist window manually.
When you now click on the 'Run Scheduler' ribbon tab button:
- when the StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist is checked: the currently open playlist window will be used to run the 1pm program in
- when the StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist is not checked: a new playlist window will be opened and the 1pm program will run there

To get more details about all options, press the '?' mark icon in each config dialog at the very top right.
GraceHuang
Re: Scheduler start options

Post by GraceHuang »

Oh got it. Thanks!