Automate external stream with variable end

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
polp6880
Re: Automate external stream with variable end

Post by polp6880 »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look into this. I will install the update later on today so to not disrupt the current programming schedule.

I will check what could be possible reasons for the mentioned disconnects in the stream by checking the settings in Icecast and also monitor server performance. Most probably, it's server or Icecast configuration related as I'm using AzuraCast and in the case where the encoder stops sending a stream, it automatically falls back to a fallback track and I'm notified - something that didn't happen for quite some time.

I'll report back with an update in a few days while I test this.

Thanks again!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Perfect - my guesstimate is, that it is not the server's source which is breaking (as you described), but rather the client (ProppFrexx) either being disconnected or just discovering a network issue.
Inzane8305

Post by Inzane8305 »

I guess we have the same problem: (you might remember) we solved the problem with : Having only 2 DJ-players not 3.
Script was: Jingle, Stream, jingle, stream.
In the "3-player" version 1 stream could "disconnect", PF played next script-line (jingle), and next line (new stream). But at that point the first stream could have "returned" and thus 2 streams were playing at the same time.
As said: we solved it with having only 2 players so PF would have to "unload" the first stream before it starts another.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not really, he is using a totally different script:
1. Intro
2. URL
3. Random Track
and LoopLine is set to 3, i.e. it is only repeating the 3rd line - thus, if the URL fails it will not be played.

And this is also the reason, why I always emphasize, that only the MODStream-Watcher/Player can reliably solve this issue.
polp6880

Post by polp6880 »

Hi,

I'm happy to report that the issue seems resolved when updating to the latest version. I've been testing this for 3 days and it always worked perfectly.

Many thanks!