PLAYING NOW WITH MASTER/SLAVE

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Vladimir
PLAYING NOW WITH MASTER/SLAVE

Post by Vladimir »

Bernd,

On our MAIN computer we have in the general settings a CMD running - OnSongTitleChanged - EXEC_WRITE_FILE C:\Users\Studio\Google Drive\playingnow.txt|nd|${trackname}
This works perfect.

As I have configured a SLAVE pc which gets the sound through the line in from the MAIN pc, the titleupdates are not visible anymore in the streamer of this SLAVE computer.
It only shows the Initial Title Updates.

Any idea how I can solve this problem so title updates are also shown in the streamer of the Slave pc?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: PLAYING NOW WITH MASTER/SLAVE

Post by radio42 »

I guess you understand why a physical cable cannot transmit and song titles ;-)
There are 2 Options:

1)
You might update the streaming server from your Main PC. See the streaming server configuration (click on the ‚?‘ icon at the very top right for help)!
Enable the ‚Force Update‘ option and specify all other server data, but do not enable the ‘Connect at Startup’ option. This updates the servers meta data even without streaming content to it.

2)
You can us the TCP/IP remote interface and send an update song title command from the main PC to the slave PC. See the user manual appendix for the related update command and use it like explained here:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... &t=12&p=21

Example:

Code: Select all

EXEC_SEND_TCP 192.168.0.17:8052|AUTHORIZATION masterpassword${CRLF}${CRLF}STREAMING_SETSONGTITLE ${title}${CRLF}${CRLF}
Where 192.168.0.17 is to be replaced by the IP-Address or DNS of the Slave PC; and masterpassword is the one defined on your Slave PC.
You can use the above command also on your OnSongTitleChanged event at the Main PC.
Vladimir
Re: PLAYING NOW WITH MASTER/SLAVE

Post by Vladimir »

Hi Bernd,

Option 1 works perfect
Thank you!