Stop playlists opening up from scheduled script as container.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
Stop playlists opening up from scheduled script as container.

Post by phonic »

I'm currently using "LoadFolder" in the script as some presenters record complete show as a .wav file, and others use voice tracking and save show as a playlist. It works, but the playlists are opened as a container in the player, but can causes issues for drive time shows as traffic would kick the shows playlist off. How do I stop this from happening?
Last edited by phonic on 20 May 2020 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
phonic
Re: Stop playlists opening up from scheduled script as container.

Post by phonic »

ok, form some searching this is as designed, and should load playlists as a container.
I could use loadplaylist, but the issue is that it does not offer the same flexibility as I can’t just point it to the AIR for a show folder (drive time/Monday/AIR/) as you can with LoadTrack, and find the current file for that show.
phonic

Post by phonic »

As a work around I've added "LoadPlaylist" using a static filename eg current_show_part1.pfp and current_show_part2.pfp and made a script that will copy and rename them so they are picked up.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

First I don't fully understand your issue with the LoadFolder command - but however, yes, the LoadFolder mode always creates a container and yes, this is by design.

The LoadPlaylist mode can also be used with macros, e.g. the LoadPlaylist might contain an entry like this:
C:\Temp\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}.pfp
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 21 May 2020 00:30 First I don't fully understand your issue with the LoadFolder command - but however, yes, the LoadFolder mode always creates a container and yes, this is by design.

The LoadPlaylist mode can also be used with macros, e.g. the LoadPlaylist might contain an entry like this:
C:\Temp\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}.pfp
Yes, the LoadFolder command is very good for our use as we have .wav audio files and .pfp files and we can just point to the live folder of each shows programming/showsname/AIR/ and works well.

The issue was that when some drive time shows presenters needed to prerecord due to this virus outbreak and social distancing laws, it highlighted an issue with traffic news kicking the whole show off as it treated the container as one audio file, but if had loaded as playlist it would have just started after the traffic with next item. With LoadPlaylist only supporting static files that already exist, it was an issue. If it supported wildcards like *.pfp, would be a good solution, or does it already support this?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, LoadPlaylist doesn’t support wildcards, but macros.
So, it can find dynamic playlist names, but they must follow a certain logic and naming convention. If you call this static names, then yes, this is true. Wildcards wouldn’t work with LoadPlaylist, as multiple matching playlist files could be found and then it is unclear which one to use.

But the LoadFolder mode can also load individual audio files. Containers are only used for playlist filed contained within the folder.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 21 May 2020 09:19 As said, LoadPlaylist doesn’t support wildcards, but macros.
So, it can find dynamic playlist names, but they must follow a certain logic and naming convention. If you call this static names, then yes, this is true. Wildcards wouldn’t work with LoadPlaylist, as multiple matching playlist files could be found and then it is unclear which one to use.

But the LoadFolder mode can also load individual audio files. Containers are only used for playlist filed contained within the folder.
In our situation only one file is ever in the AIR folders, so it can only match one file at any one time, and the reason we used LoadFolder, knowing it would only load one file playlist or wav audio file, and have no worry if the files are named correctly by presenters.

The solution I'm using is as mentioned above to use a static filename with LoadPlaylist and a simple programme that takes care of the naming issues, seems to work fine. I've updated it to dynamically change the scripts on ProppFrexx based on file type detected(pfp,wav.mp3).