playlist creater - rotation

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Gunnar
playlist creater - rotation

Post by Gunnar »

Good evening,

I want to create hourly playlists with the playlist template wizard or Playlist from script template.
This works fine but the playlist doesn t follow the rules.
Mode is set to "least recently played" in the script libraries, but it looks like as long as the songs haven t been played, the sheduler doesn t consider them played. (suppressshistorycheck and forcelibraryhistorycheck are also set)
I do not have that problem when Proppfrexx plays without playlists

Maybe I have made a mistake in my setup?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Gunnar,
www.xtramusica.com
radio42
Site Admin
Re: playlist creater - rotation

Post by radio42 »

What exact version are you using?

However, I have tested the LeastRecentlyPlayed function just again extensively, but I cannot reproduce your issue.
I created a media lib with 50 tracks initially - most of them have not been played yet and a few have been played.
Then I created a playlist using the Playlist from Script Template method.
I repeated this and each time the tracks which haven't been played yet have been selected first...
So in all my tests it worked exactly as it should be!

Can you explain how you are testing the behavior? Are you looking at the Entry Statistics for each entry selected?
Have you maybe any additional Rules or Restrictions defined?
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Good morning,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I m using ProppFrexx on air, pro v4.1.5.6

I´m quit sure that the problem is in my settings, as I did the same test with a trial on another pc and there everything works as it should.
I´ve been watching your tutorial on creating playlists (2 possible ways) and do exact the same thing. No problems on the trial pc so this must be the correct way.

In my scripts I have "Mode" leastrecentplayed on and in "Options" SuppressHistoryCheck and ForceLibraryHistoryCheck.

Where can I find the Entry Statistics?

I don t think I have any additional Rules or Restrictions definded.

Thank you for your help.

Gunnar,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can use the key-combo ALT+2 to show the current track information.
This might look like this:

Code: Select all

File: C:\Temp\CDs\Classics10\Aretha Franklin - Jump To It [Extended Version].mp3
Name: Aretha Franklin - Jump To It [Extended Version]
  Played:    2/1 (19.04.2020 22:45:15) - 51 days ago
  Created:   18.04.2019 21:19:52 - 418 days ago
The "Played:" info is the entry statistic, which tells you:
Play-Counter/Planned-Counter (Last Play Date and Time) - Age

Alternative you can also add the 'Statistics' Band to the column headers (enable Show Band Column Header - see the Miscellaneous ribbon tab) to display the Play-Counter and Last Played Date directly within a playlist.
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see the age last played in my playlist (automated without sheduling) and there everything works perfect. History, seperation ......
But when I try to create a playlist for the next day, PF uses the songs who would play right now in the automation without sheduling, even twice the same songs in the same hour ..... next hour half of the songs are the same as in the previous hour.
When I do the same thing on a trial on anothe pc, with the same settings everything goes welll .......
PS, I´ve updated PF to the 4.2.0.4 version today.

Kindest Regards,

Gunnar,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There was absolutely nothing changed in the last version - so I guess your settings or use case is different.
You can even try to use an older version again (e.g. copy all files from the installation folder from your other PC to the installation folder of this PC).

When you say:
"...uses the songs who would play right now in the automation without scheduling" - by default tracks added manually to a playlist are not added to a song history - or how do you play tracks right now without scheduling?
See the general settings, section Logging/History and check your settings and click on the 'More...' button next to the global song history...
In that Global History Options dialog you can set a few more options and take a look to the 'Consider manual added Tracks' section.
Click on the '?' icon at the very top right to get more infos/help.

Here you can also specify the Back-To-The-Future options.
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

I´m sorry, i m really bad in explaining things ....

When I just play automatic "run scheduler" and auto play, PF generates automatic playlists from my scripts. In that case everything works perfect.

However when I make playlists with the template wizard for the next day it doesn t respect the rules (same songs as what is in my auto play right now, double songs in the same hour)

I´ll check your recommendation about the general settings now.
I hope this will solve the problem.

Thank you for all your help.

Gunnar,
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess so as the Back-to-The-Future options are exactly there for those rules.
Let me know, if that worked out for you...
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Sorry, didn t work .... only thing that happened is that all my shedules are gone ..... no more music at all .....
Back up program on air now
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Can I do a new clean installation with the same validation code (on the same pc)
If yes, after deleting PF via control panel are there other files who need to be erased? AppData, Program files ......

Thank you,