Listener Count in Song History

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RobH84
Listener Count in Song History

Post by RobH84 »

Is there a way to poll for a listener count and add it to the log file for song history?

For example, in RadioDJ, I wrote a program that polls my server every 15 seconds and writes the number of current listeners to a text file. This text file is read by RadioDJ and it logs the number of listeners for each song and goes into the song history.

This is very important for my licensing reporting. Is this possible with ProppFrexx? I use a proprietary encoder from my streaming company so I can't use the built in encoder.

Thanks for any help. I really want to use ProppFrexx because I like its voicetracking features.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Listener Count in Song History

Post by radio42 »

You might, in the streaming monitor window, configure all your used streaming servers (even if you don't connect them for active streaming) and use your admin credentials to collect all individual listener counts from your servers.

You can then use the ${streamingtotallisteners} macro to log the total number to either your playlist or global log for reporting.
The logs can be configured in the general settings, section Logging/History.
All macros are listen in the Appendix of the User Manual.
Click on the '?' mark icon at the very top right of each configuration dialog to get further detailed help to each option.
RobH84

Post by RobH84 »

Is there a way to read listener counts from an XML file? Or from a TXT file?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No.