Can't Get Seque Editor To Work

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
D3R3K
Can't Get Seque Editor To Work

Post by D3R3K »

I'm am trying to migrate our station to your software. Frustrated and feeling like the learning curve is steep. Latest problem is this:

Created a script for a show and saved.
Clicked on "playlist from script template"
selected the script
all tracks loading properly
open segue editor to mix down and neither spacebar or click on play/pause respond.

this project specifically involves mixing down prerecorded segments/elements of a program that runs weekly. the parts would change week to week but the show structure remains the same. We intend to update the parts in the relevant folders each week, run the script, mix it down, save it and schedule it. Any insight on the workflow to accomplish this goal as well as troubleshooting the segue editor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Can't Get Seque Editor To Work

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain, where the space bar is not supposed to work? Are within the Playlist or are you within the SegueEditor?!
I assume you are within the SegueEditor...
The SegueEditor uses the PFL mixer output channel. So maybe you haven’t set this up correctly?! So please check your mixer setup to validate your PFL channel works properly.
E.g. when you make a double click on a track in the playlist it would open the PFL Player. Is that playing correctly?!

Regarding your workflow:
Sure, you can pre-create a playlist in many ways. One is the one you explained. When you saved it and adjusted all segues, you can downmix it to a single file, and then schedule this single file in and other script for example. But you might also just reference it from another script directly.

From within a script you might use the LoadPlaylist mode in a script-line to load all these tracks as individual tracks. Set the ‘AsEmbeddedContainer’ option to load the entire playlist as one embedded container, so the the entire playlist would shown up and played like a single track (even without any downmix beforehand).

The playlist you are using should in your case dillowya certain naming pattern, eg. filename_yyyyMMdd.pfp.

Once you saved the playlist using that pattern you can reference it dynamically inside your script-line!
Use the program related macros (see the appendix of the user manual to see all available macros).
For example use:
filename_${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}.pfp

To reference the above pattern.
Then make sure to add at least a 2nd script line to eg. randomly pick a track from a media lib and set the scripts LoopLine Parameter to 2. This to ensure that the LoadPlaylist doesn’t repeat.

By doing this you created one script using the dynamic LoadPlaylist entry pattern. You then create a program scheduler entry using this script. So that is one program using just one script and off you go.
Now you can create every day or week a new playlist and just save it to your references target folder using the given filename pattern and just save that playlist. And you are done.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Reran the mixer wizard and now able to use the segue editor. Most of the workflow actually makes sense but don't see where the cross fade/mix points were saved. I opened the script from the "playlist from script template", then...

used the segue editor to mix the pieces. Clicked on apply changes. Then...

saved the playlist using "save playlist as" and saved the playlist as a M3U Playlist (*.pfp). Then...

opened the saved playlist and played it. The mix points are not saved.

****second test*****
Created the script you suggested above with the LoadPlaylist entry pattern. Added a song category under it and set loop line to 2.
Thought all tracks would load into 1 player but it didn't. All tracks loaded in the window individually and none of the previously saved mix points are there.

I am trying hard but cant seem to grasp it. Is there a way to save the mixed down playlist to a mp3 file (all mixed together and schedule the 1 hour file to run with the same "script and schedule" method? The only problem is it runs 2x per week and would need different spots & promos in second run. Would have to mix every show (11 total) 2x every week. Scheduling spots is another problem for me but trying to take it a piece at a time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See here to learn where the cue-points are saved:
https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=9&t=2654

So the default location is within a ProppFrexx playlist .pfp.
But NOT within a M3U format!!
So your test didn’t make much sense I am afraid.

To load all track into one DJ player only, please read my answer above again. You would need to set the script-line option AsEmbeddedContainer!

So try your test again by using the .pfp playlist format and not the m3u format!