Help with Advert/News Management & Containers

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
D3R3K
Help with Advert/News Management & Containers

Post by D3R3K »

Have made progress setting up our music rotations using scripts. Next up is getting spots scheduled with i guess the overlay scheduler. I don't understand the workflow to accomplish this. i know our clients need to be set up in the management software but cannot figure out how. Also i have tested using containers in the scripts between the tracks but don't understand how to get a spot to play in the container.
Please help me with the workflow and procedures to accomplish getting our clients commercials scheduled and played. Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Help with Advert/News Management & Containers

Post by radio42 »

Have you seen the related tutorial videos here in the general section of this forum?
A brief explanaton can also be found here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... p?f=9&t=59
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Yes i have watched all the videos available in english and still don't understand how to do the following:

I want to set up 2 stopsets per hour (EVERY hour) at :21 & :54. I want these stopsets to be 2 min in duration.
I want the scheduler to fill those stopsets with 2 min of spots
Also...
Our spots exist in folders named by the client:
Example:
folder name: Budweiser; 4 files
folder name: My Pillow; 2 files
folder name: American Oak Barrel; 1 file

I click on "Open" to open an advertiser library. i select one of our advertisers folders, click ok, the window closes and nothing happens. I don't understand how to set up our clients in the advertiser manager.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As explained in the video:
You must create a Partner and then create a Campaign. You then assign/add the related audio track(s) for that campaign.

Next you create at least two Slots. One might be called A and the other B - or whatever you like to call them, eg. Slot_21 and Slot_54.

Now you create 2 recurring Overlay entries within the Overlay Scheduler. The recurrence should then be hourly every 1 hour.
To the first overlay entry you assign the Slot_21 (A) and to the other the Slot_54 (B).

And finally you would have to assign each Campaign either to the related Slot in which they should play OR you assign the Campaign to an Overlay occurrence for a specific date and time in which they should play.
That’s it.
D3R3K

Post by D3R3K »

Hi Bernd,

The last response was very helpful and I am slowly getting this piece by piece.
I was able to finally set up Partners and Campaigns.
In addition, I created slots (2 for each hour) at :21 & :54 (ex: 00 21 Stopset, 00 54 Stopset). I used Dynamic to schedule the spots into these slots randomly. Is this the best practice for letting the software randomly schedule spots across a time period?

The next piece is to include in each of my daypart scripts (morning drive, midday, afternoon drive, evening, overnight) a container script line at approx :21 & :54. This is where i am having a problem. If I select Advert, it wants me to select a slot. I have 48 of them (2 per hour). The problem is this script is called for more than 1 hour. The "Morning Drive" script gets used 4 consecutive hours (6am-10am). I can only program 1 slot in the container at :21. The script runs at 6am (ID, music, sweeps, etc) till it gets to the :21 container. I have it loaded for 06 21 Stopset slot. When the script repeats at 7am it will replay the 06 21 Stopset slot because that is the slot programmed in the container. Does this mean I need to create a unique script for all 24 hours? Please advise the best practice to have 2 stopsets per hour, every hour and have randomly scheduled spots fill these slots. Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is no best practice for assigning campaigns to either slots or overlay instances. This depends on your contract and agreement with your partner.

In your script-line you can also use the ‘Container’ mode and select an Overlay to it. This called the Embedded Overlay Container.
But I guess this doesn’t solve your issue either.
But you might use a program macro, eg. ${start_HH} to dynamically reference a slot name, if you slot name follows such name pattern using the hour in it.