Transfering Libraries & appdata files to another computer

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
D3R3K
Re: Transfering Libraries & appdata files to another computer

Post by D3R3K »

Hi Bernd,

I will certainly look for that email. Assumed you would have responded in this thread, Sorry for the assumption.

1. I understand that on each machine i will need to run the mixer wizard after the transfer. Wont this action take care of correcting the mixer setup and sound card configuration in the new machine?
2. I have a single folder created on the desktop that holds ALL files relevant to our broadcast needs (music, sweepers, promos, commercials, etc). Is this what is meant by "your main files and folders"? Does this also include the files stored in the AppData? where the scripts are stored?
3. The external hard drive connects to the Machine through USB? Isn't it the same thing or is there a distinction? Are you saying we would be licensing a USB port on the machine and not the actual USB device (hard drive) that would plug into the USB slot?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Transfering Libraries & appdata files to another computer

Post by radio42 »

1. yes
2. no, for the libs and scheduler files I mentioned you can select your own location, which doesn't necessarily have to be on appdata!
See the globalconfig command-line option in the user manual.
3. it is different, no, it is not a usb port, but a usb stick on which you place/bind the license to