K8055n Event mapping

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
GuntherM
K8055n Event mapping

Post by GuntherM »

Hi all,

I try to achieve a faderstart for two independent players, and mic onair state, so I use 3 pins from the 8055n
The first event works fine, when mic opens, the onair state is on, when micfader is off, onair state is off.

Problem is to achieve the player A plays the first track (when pin2 is on) and stops wen pin 2 is off, and eject en go to the next track in standby.

Same for player B, I tried to start player A and B, and it works, but when I close the fader, it jumps back to the beginning of the first track.

Can anyone set me on the right track? Tried many ways to achieve a independent workflow, full manual. But I assume I mix manual operation with auto operation. And it's confusing me?

Thanks
GM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: K8055n Event mapping

Post by radio42 »

Guess you are using the wrong controll-commands maybe - or your playlist is not set to AutoEject the players?!
What commands do you currently use ?
Ans is the playlist set to AutoEject?
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Probably yes, in an hour I will provide you some screenshots, the studio is elsewhere you see, thanks already.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

this is what I got so far, you were right, in playlist settings none of autoload or offload were selected.
I changed this. And now at the end of track it moves on to the next for playerA, but when fader is off, the player goes into pause. That is not what I had in mind. it would be great it moves to EOF.
Screenshot_1.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

PIN2:
I'd use:

Code: Select all

Pin2 = ON -> PLS_CURRENT_PLAYPAUSE_A
(hint PLS_CURRENT_ already uses the current playlist and doesn't have any parameter).
OR
If you only want to start the player if AutoPlay is OFF! Then it would be:

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|PLS_CURRENT_PLAY_A
PIN3:
Normally that would be:

Pin3 = ON -> PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_A
But.. here it can get a bit more tricky, as if AutoLoad is ON and the track ended normally while the Fader is still up, the track would have stopped and a next track would have been loaded automatically. When you now pull down the fader and fire the _EJECT_A command, that freshly loaded track would be ejected! Thus a conditional command might help:

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cplisplayinga}|Equals(1)|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_A
this would only eject the track, if it is currently playing (which is freshly auto-loaded track wouldn't).
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Ok thank you very much, it works now, you brought me right on track. You made me and my friend very happy, we both has a pro licence.
So I have to repeat this for myself. But with 8 faders and 2 k8055n cards.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

just an additional question, can I add more commands on a ON/OFF state from a certain pin on the K8055n in my event map?
Thanks,

Gunther
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sure!
Just write each command in a separate line!
I.e. each line is an extra command and ALL these commands will be triggered together with the event.
GuntherM

Post by GuntherM »

Hi Bernd,

very interesting, I have a pair of extra commands in mind.
Btw, for myself I want to use a Akai APC40 controller for playing the cartwalls trough midi, will be also a big challenge.

Thanks anyway for your time,

best regards
GM
radio42 wrote: 25 Sep 2020 12:28 Sure!
Just write each command in a separate line!
I.e. each line is an extra command and ALL these commands will be triggered together with the event.