Hybrid voice tracking mode?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Hybrid voice tracking mode?

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I've tested the Voice Tracking experience. If I'm not mistaken, during VT, the computer plays a large role in recording and finetuning right?

I would like to be able to use my D&R Airlite instead of a mouse to start the tracks, jingles and beds and use the Airlite faders to control the volume of the beds while recording.

This feels more natural to me than using the mouse to control volume and start carts. Off course I could record a complete show while playing all tracks, but that takes a lot of time and there's no easy way to fix small errors.

Is there a way to have some sort of 'live experience' whilst recording and inserting voice tracks into the playlist?

Thanks,

Frank
Inzane8305
Re: Hybrid voice tracking mode?

Post by Inzane8305 »

The use of carts in VT is possible with the normal "firing of carts" on the Airlite: (Cart-buttons)

You just need to do as Benjamin Hartwich has done the Mixer-setup: Create a CW-channel (if not present now) and a VT-channel.

Then route the MIC and CW to VT and make that the "Input-channel in VT-window".

That way you record the mic AND the Cartwall when voicetracking.

IF you do this while broadcasting on the same console, you should make some alternate routing of playout to prevent carts to go on-air when voicetracking.

How you can "start the recording and tracks" via the Airlite is another stury: It could be done with one of the "Cartwall-buttons" because it is another "keystroke" than what normally starts a track (CTRL+F11 if I remember correct).
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Hybrid voice tracking mode?

Post by radio42 »

The D&R reference setup for the Airlite can be found here: https://github.com/benhartwich/proppfrexx-remote

You can of course change the button/fader mapping and use any of the "VT_ ..." control-commands (see appendix of the user manual) to directly use the D&R to better support your VoiceTracking process.