ToH after jingle

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
ToH after jingle

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I have a "soft" starting hourly script with a 120 seconds early or late start and a fixed top of the hour (ToH). This works fine, but sometimes the last track of the previous script is a jingle. The result is then that after the jingle the new script starts with the ToH. Is it possible to only start after a music track and never after a jingle? I searched in the planner options and in the scripts options but could not find this. Thx, JW.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ToH after jingle

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain a little in details... you have a soft starting program (with the given params as you said).
Typically I would implement the ToH as the first track of the script - but you said, you have a fixed ToH, which implies, that you have implemented this differently? But maybe not and may be not relevant?
But to answer your question straight, no, there currently not any option like this.
The questions back would be:
- Do you really want to delay the next program start (because in that case the ToH might be really late!)?
- Or do you want to suppress the Jingle of the previous hour?
- Is a double Jingle in the end not effectively correct, as a ToH jingle will be totally different to a regular one.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, the ToH is not the problem. This starts at the beginning of the hour, maybe a little earlier or later within the given time frame. No problem there. The last track of the previous hour should be (if possible) only a music track, never a jingle. So to answer your second question: suppress the jingle at the end of the previous hour would be the solution. Is this possible? /JW
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

If you play the TOTH with the overlay player yes it can be done.
supressFilter.jpg
In general settings, section "Scripts/schedulars"in the overlay and advert group.

In the 'Suppress Filter' select all the media entry types which should be ejected/suppressed within the current playlist when an overlay is about to start.
This allows you to prevent, that these media types are played either directly before or after the overlay.

Note: This function is only in effect, if an Overlay has the 'ApplySuppressFilter' option set (which is an option in the Overlay Editor) as well as if this option is set!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hello Radiofreak, thanks for your hint. I'm completely new to the concept of overlays, so I need to invest some more time for this. BRJW
Radiofreak

Post by Radiofreak »

We use the overlay player like this:
Newsopener
News
Jingle
Then the playlist starts.

If you use the setting i told before then there is not playing a jingle after the overlay. Make sure that you check the box in the overlay player “applySupressFilter”.