MODStream in statistic report

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
kzlosnik
Re: MODStream in statistic report

Post by kzlosnik »

another screen shot from the multicast server
Attachments
Screenshot_20210203_134622.png
Screenshot_20210203_134622.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 4509 times
kzlosnik

Post by kzlosnik »

By the way. The SongTitle in the MODStream player is visible while the live show.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess there is a missunderstanding here.
A MODStream Watcher listens to the given URL (i.e. as a client).
Thus ProppFrexx is NOT feeding the signal TO that ICEcast server, but instead it receives the signal FROM that Icecast server.
I.e. there is someone else streaming to that ICEcast server as a source - this source is now responsible for SongTitle changes.

The meta data (song title changes) is then being received by ProppFrexx (the MODStream) from that ICEcast stream.
Thus just because there is some static text on the ICEcast doesn't necessarily mean, that this info is given to ProppFrexx in the stream.

If the MODStream URL itself doesn't provide SongTitelChanges, you must at least provide an initial song title with the command starting the MODStream Watcher...
kzlosnik

Post by kzlosnik »

'If the MODStream URL itself doesn't provide SongTitelChanges, you must at least provide an initial song title with the command starting the MODStream Watcher..."

Now I understand.
Thanks. I'll type in the initial SongTitle. We'll see if that resolve the problem.

Thanks again for you time. :D
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I’ll also double check the code here to see, if I didn’t make any mistake here myself!
kzlosnik

Post by kzlosnik »

Bad news. I type in TitleSong like on the attachment. After the live show that was between 7:00 - 9:00 I opened the stat file. Still don't see any information about the modstream feed. :(
Attachments
Screenshot_20210204_130318.png
kzlosnik

Post by kzlosnik »

This is how the reminder is scheduled.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210204_130649.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I'll a look into my code again - it might be the case, that in MODStream SongTitle updates are currently not considered for entry- and log-statistics at all, as those tracks come from an external source and are not being played directly by ProppFrexx - I need to double-check this.
This for example is also the case for LineIn Feeds as well.

Do you mind explaining, why you need log statistics for played tracks coming from a MODStream URL?
Or is it just so that you know, that the MODStream itself was started?
kzlosnik

Post by kzlosnik »

Hi,
Thanks for the replay.

I need the MODStream to be noted in the statistic because of the license authority.
The remote DJ's play music in theirs show. I have to know how many listeners been listened to the show and then send the report to the licensee authority.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But for this you might also use the standard logging and e.g. place the command used with the 'Playlist.OnTrackPlay' event and move it to the ''Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged' event.
You can then freely configure your log file in the general settings, Histiory/Logging section.
Alternatively use the EXEC_WRITE_GLOBAL_LOG instead.

In the log file configuration (general settings, Histiory/Logging section) you might then even use the ${streamingtotallisteners} macro to record the current listener count from your configured steaming servers.