Overlay bed and news

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
franksiegers
Overlay bed and news

Post by franksiegers »

Hi Bernd,

I'm using a script to start a bed which starts with my station's name and then fades out after 10 secs.

I want to start playing my news item, after the station name. I've tried a script:
- line 1: bed, no options
- line 2: news item, Automatic track insert transition option: start with next of previous track
But then the news gets cutoff after 10 secs (duration of bed).

I've also tried
- line 1: news item, Automatic soundbed option: bed.
But then the bed automatically loops which I don't want.

Is there a way to start a bed, wait 2 seconds, start the news, fade out bed and finish news?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay bed and news

Post by radio42 »

So you are using a script in your Overlay - correct?! And not the News and Advert Management?!

The Automatic Soundbed option plays a track (the bed) in parallel to the related script track for the entire time of the script track - like a bed underneath it - that's why it loops by default. So your observation is totally correct.

The Automatic Track Insert Transition might be the right one, but you defined it in the wrong order. It is defined on the Station-Id track, as this one will be transitioned (as you did it the other way around, the news are cut off).
But a transition plays the Station-Id track also in parallel of the previous real track at the defined location. E.g. 'start with next of previous track' would start the station-id track at the Next cue-point of the previous track.
Not sure, if that is what you want e.g. select a different transition.

You might also simply define two script-line and define a Next cue-point in station-id track (where you want to start the News):
- line 1: station id track (with next cue-point)
- line 2: news track
Nothing more special...
franksiegers
Re: Overlay bed and news

Post by franksiegers »

radio42 wrote: 09 Mar 2021 17:54 You might also simply define two script-line and define a Next cue-point in station-id track (where you want to start the News):
- line 1: station id track (with next cue-point)
- line 2: news track
Nothing more special...
Wow, not sure why I didn't think of this myself... :oops: This solved it... Thanks and sorry!