How to make an audio file play between two tracks of the same type?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Zidago
How to make an audio file play between two tracks of the same type?

Post by Zidago »

Hi Berrn,

Is there anyway to set up a script or command in the system where if ever there are two track loaded into the playlist, possible loaded into the player, that it would pull another file in between them?

I have been asked to make an automated system where if there are ever two songs that are going to be played back to back that a station ID is to play but I am not too sure how to go about it.

Regards,

-Kalem
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to make an audio file play between two tracks of the same type?

Post by radio42 »

I don't fully understand your condition, but there is currently no way to ensure, that whenever two random tracks of a certain media type are played, that automatically a jingle is added in between.
But maybe you describe your actual use case and reasoning behind.
Since you can ensure by other ways (e.g. your script itself or by additional script rules and restrictions), that for example not two Jingles are played back-to-back etc.

You can add for a certain script-line an automatic Track-Insert-Transition. I.e. when that script-line is executed, that it automatically adds a Jingle, Station-ID whatsoever in-front of after that script-line based on any existing cue-point.

Or you can automatically add a so called 'Station Voice File' (which is typically a track promotion) to a dedicated track whenever it is played (see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38)

As such your use-case is not clear to me to better answer the question.
Zidago

Post by Zidago »

radio42 wrote: 11 Mar 2021 13:47 but there is currently no way to ensure, that whenever two random tracks of a certain media type are played, that automatically a jingle is added in between.
Thank you, this basically sums up what I thought would be the answer.
The other suggestions you gave is what I am currently implementing into our system.

Thanks again
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It still doesn’t help me finding a good answer, as I still doesn’t understand your use-case?!
Zidago

Post by Zidago »

As I mentioned we were wanting to play a stab whenever two songs are loaded back to back into the players and if ProppFrexx had this capability beyond the suggestions you provided.

The only reason was that we had some announcers not playing them manually so wanted to automate the system.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you ALWAYS want to play a jingle between two audio tracks and as you programmatically plan/play them via a script, you could always plan them via an automatic track insert transition. Eg. Right-Click on the 2nd music script-line and Click on the flash icon symbol in the Options column. Here you can specify the automatic track insert transition of a jingle.

But if you plan and play the tracks manually, there is no way to automatically add them.