Scrip created for hourly ID Question

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
davefrmn2019
Scrip created for hourly ID Question

Post by davefrmn2019 »

I created a test hourly id (mp3) script that worked fine but when I schedule a test hourly id it did not play. Help here please.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scrip created for hourly ID Question

Post by radio42 »

How did you test it, so that it makes you believe it works fine?
Also show your program scheduler entry as well as your .pfp script or screenshots.
Are you maybe using macros in your script-line(s), which resolves differently at the time it executes?
But that is just guessing, as I don’t know what you have configured.

Also note, that in addition you can click on the ‚Test...‘ button to test the script
davefrmn2019

Post by davefrmn2019 »

Bernd,

I'm not exactly sure how I set it up but I am attaching to PNG screenshots. I just did another test at 1600 with the test feature that's in the photo I didn't hear anything.

Dave -
Attachments
20210317_180400.png
20210317_180331.png
20210317_180331.png (27.06 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Beside the fact, that your program is only 2 minutes long and I don’t know how you tested things, eg. have you started your scheduler? Is it running?
Check the ‘Running’ tab button in the ‘Scheduler’ ribbon tool bar tab?!

Note, that it wouldn’t make sense to check the ‘Allow Delay’ program option, but set the start type to ‘Fixed’. Click on the ‘?’ Icon at the very top right to get help what the options mean , before changing them. But that is not related to your issue here, but just a side note.

I cannot really see your 2nd screenshot, as it is very small. Eg. you can also select the full text output of the Script test result and send that as plain text.

I cannot even see how you defined your ‘2 pm’ script.
Can you also post it?!
davefrmn2019

Post by davefrmn2019 »

Bernd,
Well I'm not sure now...I do have a learning disability so its hard for me to follow everything. Maybe you can make a video to help me understand what's needed to do ?
Thanks,
Dave
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The 2nd screen shot is fine in general, BUT I need it much bigger! The above one is so small, that I cannot read it's content.

In addition I would need the content and details of the definition/configuration of the Script '2 pm'.
E.g. make another really readable (big) screenshot of it.
E.g. as shown in the tutorial video "Working with Scripts" : https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... f=5&t=1018

But the main question I asked was, if you started the Scheduler?
Just placing entries in the Program Scheduler (as in your screenshot 1) is not enough.
To really let it run, you must click on the 'Run Scheduler' button, as shown here:
Run Scheduler.jpg
Did you do that? Did you start the Scheduler?
davefrmn2019

Post by davefrmn2019 »

I didn't see how to start the scheduler after I put the info in. Also I didn't see any place to save it.
davefrmn2019

Post by davefrmn2019 »

Oh I did select run scheduler...