Keep bed track at a constant volume

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
DjGuji
Keep bed track at a constant volume

Post by DjGuji »

Hi

Is there a way to keep the bed track at a certain volume when TalkUser is invoked? I have noticed that my bed starts off softly at a certain volume and the longer I tend to speak it starts becoming louder, which can be a massive distraction.

Please advise what I can check and change.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Keep bed track at a constant volume

Post by radio42 »

You might use the build in ReplayGain function with a track or in general to keep the perceived volume level the same.

But I am not sure, if this is what you are looking for.
It sounds a bit, as you want to attenuate the volume level dynamically depending on what is currently playing live? There is no such function for that - not do I believe it might be useful.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

I'm just looking for the bed track in TalkUser to play at a lower volume than my voice.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is something very different to what you initially described. But maybe be I simply misunderstood...

When you open the TalkUser Settings Dialog, e.g. from the general settings, section Mixing/Fading - please click on the '?' icon at the very top right.
You can define a 'Soundbed Track' and its 'Attenuation' value for it.
Exactly what you are looking for.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Sorry to be resurrecting an old post, but I am still having issues with my bed volume. It starts of low as I want it and then after 30secs or so it gets louder and louder. I have tried checking everything, not sure what else to check.

See my settings in the link below. I have now idea why this happens. Can you perhaps give me some insight?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmBivyYQFegch_xe7iJ5Aw7BwhbJUA
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Settings are all good. I believe, that your soundbed track might have wrong cue-points set or even none and the ACPD gets wrong - resulting in a very long fade-in. Maybe you can manually check that file and manually set the cue points to your needs.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Do you have any other pointers for me, I have cleared the ACPD and removed all CUE points but I'm still having the issue. I am losing the little bit of hair I do have left.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I is said the exact opposite.
When you clear all cue-points, these are probably automatically calculated when the track is loaded.
So I meant, that you should then set the cue-points explicitly- in that case (when set) the ACPD would not change them.
DjGuji

Post by DjGuji »

Hi Bernd

I have done both cleared the cue points and tested and explicitly set cue points and I have the same result. When I use the TalkUser button, the bed music plays softly in the background and I can speak fine and then as it gets closer to 30-40 secs into the bed track the volume starts increasing. I have even gone to the extent of making the volume really low in Audition before bringing it into Proppfrexx and I have the same issue. :-(

Really confused now
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please send me your audio track in question (the soundbed)!
When I understand you correctly, all is first fine for 30-40 sec. when you start TalkUser and then after 30-40 sec. the soundbed track‘s volume is suddenly increasing!!

There is nothing, which actually increases the volume. Also in my tests I can not reproduce that behaviour, i.e. here my soundbed track stays at a contant volume level, just as expected. So please send me that track, to see, if I can reproduce it.