Bypass Proxy, MOD Stream Watcher

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sDoddler
Bypass Proxy, MOD Stream Watcher

Post by sDoddler »

Hi,

Just a query around using streams on internal networks while having a Proxy set in ProppFrexx.

We have a proxy for web filtering, as such we need to put the proxy information into the program to get updates for Weather etc.
However when trying to setup the MODStream Watcher to watch an internal stream, it is passing the local IP through the proxy, instead of bypassing it as per normal behaviour..

Removing the proxy makes the URL work instantly so the URL is definitely correct.

In this instance we are using "Stream what you hear" to generate a URL from a PC that will record/hear audio in another part of the same site. The URL looks like https://10.XX.XX.XX:8080/stream/swyh.mp3

Is there any possibility of getting a "bypass proxy" tickbox for MOD Stream Watcher? Or is there another way to solve this?

Cheers :)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Bypass Proxy, MOD Stream Watcher

Post by radio42 »

Currently the proxy setting is a global setting for your entire ProppFrexx system, i.e. not specific to certain streams, URLs or requests.

However, I’ll check, if there is any bypass option even possible (not even sure, if that is possible at all).
sDoddler

Post by sDoddler »

That would be great, thanks Bernd
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please take a look here:
https://www.webnots.com/3-ways-to-bypas ... indows-10/

ProppFrexx will use Windows' proxy settings by default. The proxy options in the general settings just lets you override that (without changing the system settings) if you want. E.g. it is recommended to use the default Windows proxy settings.
That should already solve your issue for local addresses, as it bypasses the proxy for certain IPs.
sDoddler

Post by sDoddler »

D'oh! Thanks so much Bernd. I swear i had tried every combination with the proxy. What worked in the end was only putting in the credentials - ie "domain\user:pass@" in the proxy field.. This gave the default proxy authentication, but also bypassed the local IP for the stream.

Thanks again :)