Streaming Problem

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TomNick
Streaming Problem

Post by TomNick »

Hello everybody,

I have have the problem, that my streaming signal arrives the server so far but it changes speed. The song sometimes slows down, sometimes speeds up (stream not the pc) any idea what that could be? Thanks for some help.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Streaming Problem

Post by radio42 »

That sounds very weird!
And can under normal conditions not happen, unless you change the encoding profile or streaming server commodification constantly without properly disconnecting.

Normally, you use an encoding profile with a CBR and use fixed mixer output stream as the streaming source.
You should even be able to monitor (listen to) that mixer output channel which you are using. Is that also changing in speed?
Or are you using and funky VST on that channel which might cause this?

Please show all your related configurations in ProppFrexx, as there must be somehow the issue.
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Ok, I am running 3 external soundcards (USB 5,6,7) connected to Player1 (5), 2 (6) and 3 (7) going into Behringer DX 2000 USB. Soundcard #4 (USB 8) comes from my behringer DX 2000 usb. Every channel works fine so far. I am streaming the signal to an external azuracast and azuracast is sending it to laut.fm. Works like a charme with mairlist (just to find out where the problem is). Enclosed some screenshots
Attachments
3.png
2.png
1.png
Last edited by TomNick on 19 May 2021 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

The last one
Attachments
5.png
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Meanwhile I figured out, it is not the streaming setup since I am able to stream without any problems via Propp Frexx using an external player. As soon as I am using one of the internal players A, B or C it starts playing fast or slow but not normal and steady.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In your setup it looks like you stream from a mixer input channel (In 1). That seems to also route its out out to the OUT1 output channel - which is used twice also for PFL? That looks strange to me.
What do your heat in OUT1 resp. PFL? The same audio? Are using the Output To feature in your In 1 mixer input channel?
Is PFL or OUT1 also slowing down when you hear it?

It somehow looks like a mixer setup error?!
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Alright, I fixed the mixer output thing but it is still not working. So my setup is very simple. Channel A, B and C of the Behringer mixer goes to players A, B and C via seperate external soundcards which is USB 8,6 and 7. USB 2 is the USB channel of the Behringer Mixer (Main output). So the idea was to stream that USB 2 which works but still that speed thing. New screenshots enclosed.
Attachments
3.png
2.png
1.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Same questions as before. When you record the In 4 channel, do you hear the same speed change in that recording?
If you constantly use the same ‚In 4‘ device for streaming, never change this, and no other is streaming to the same, it should never happen.

But to identify, if the problem is on the In 4 side or on the caster side, please do the above check/recording.
Also please describe, how you are testing this speed change?
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Good morning, so I checked on every channel. The 3 players (usb 6,7,8): Out works perfect, in is silent and damped. #4 (usb 2) : is used as the stream in has a signal but the records have the same "problem results". It sounds like the early "turntableing" ;). Concerning the speed change, you can just hear it. It is damn obvious. I wanted to enclosed an example but mp3 are obviously not allowed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When your recording is already broken and distorted (I don’t know, how that exactly sounds) it is obviously already an issue with the input. This can now be, several issues/reasons:
- the input signal is already corrupt
- the input device as a defect with the recording
- the driver to record is broken
- the usb cable is broken
- a usb hub is used which causes the trouble
- etc.

It is pretty sure not a software problem of ProppFrexx, as recoding and working with an input device works for many other users.

To post an example of your recording you can also use other services, like wetransfer or alike.

To identify the root cause, you can only eliminate one element and option step by step. Eg. Try another recording device, if that works okay, change a cable, etc. etc.
not easy to locate, but the only possible way.