Error after opening Scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Error after opening Scheduler

Post by radio42 »

That lock file would not cause the reported error! The lock file is created once you open the .calendar file and released once closed. So it can only exist when it never got released, which can only happen when the program terminates ungracefully. So that might be a result of your issue happening. The mAin question remains, why you got the error in the first place.
The only explanation is still a hardware or driver issue of the OS. Or another app, like a sync or copy tool, which corrupts the file while ProppFrexx accesses that in parallel.
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Well, I also did an upgrade which might fixed the error for whatever reason. It is running smooth so far, if the error comes up again I will let you know.
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Hi Bernd,

so after a few days the following error comes up again only in the Scheduler:

Code: Select all

03.07.2021 19:18:18 [v4.2.5.1]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Error Type: System.ArgumentException
Error Source: DevExpress.Utils.v21.1.DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.ID2D1Bitmap CreateBitmap(DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.D2D_SIZE_U, IntPtr, UInt32, DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.D2D1_BITMAP_PROPERTIES1 ByRef)
********** System Stack Trace **********
   at DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.ID2D1DeviceContext.CreateBitmap(D2D_SIZE_U size, IntPtr srcData, UInt32 pitch, D2D1_BITMAP_PROPERTIES1& bitmapProperties)
   at DevExpress.Utils.DirectXPaint.Direct2DImages.CreateBitmapFastCore(Bitmap bmp)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentStatusSkinPainter.Draw(GraphicsCache cache, AppointmentViewInfoStatusItem item)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.DayViewTimeCellAppointmentSkinPainter.DrawAppointmentItems(GraphicsCache cache, ViewInfoItemCollection items)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawForegroundCore(GraphicsCache cache, AppointmentViewInfo viewInfo, Rectangle viewClipBounds, ISupportCustomDraw customDrawProvider, Boolean isGroupAppointment)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.<>c__DisplayClass120_0.<DrawForeground>b__0()
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawAppointment(GraphicsCache cache, AppointmentViewInfo viewInfo, ISupportCustomDraw customDrawProvider, Boolean isGroupAppointment)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.DayViewTimeCellAppointmentSkinPainter.DrawAppointment(GraphicsCache cache, AppointmentViewInfo viewInfo, ISupportCustomDraw customDrawProvider, Boolean isGroupAppointment)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawAppointmentsCore(GraphicsCache cache, IEnumerable`1 aptViewInfos, ISupportCustomDraw customDrawProvider)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawContainerAppointments(GraphicsCache cache, IEnumerable`1 appointments, ISupportCustomDraw customDrawProvider, SchedulerViewCellContainer container, Int32 scrollOffset)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.<DrawAppointments>b__0(IEnumerable`1 appointments, SchedulerViewCellContainer container, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.UseAppointments(Action`3 action, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo, SchedulerViewCellContainer container, ProcessAppointmentType selection)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawAppointments(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase schedulerViewInfo, SchedulerViewCellContainerCollection containers, ProcessAppointmentType selection)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.AppointmentPainter.DrawAppointments(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo, ProcessAppointmentType selection)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.DayViewPainter.DrawAppointments(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.ViewPainter.DrawAppointmentsAndTimeIndicator(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.ViewPainter.Draw(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.Drawing.DayViewPainter.Draw(GraphicsCache cache, SchedulerViewInfoBase viewInfo)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.SchedulerControl.PaintCore(GraphicsCache cache)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.DayView.PaintAnimatedContentScrolling(GraphicsCache cache)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.SchedulerControl.TryPaint(GraphicsCache cache)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.SchedulerControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.SchedulerControl.ForceRedrawCore(Rectangle clipRect, Boolean setDirtyRect)
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.SchedulerControl.ForceRedraw()
   at DevExpress.XtraScheduler.DayView.DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.Animation.IXtraAnimationListener.OnAnimation(BaseAnimationInfo info)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.Animation.BaseAnimationInfoExtensions.RaiseOnAnimation(BaseAnimationInfo this)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Drawing.Animation.XtraAnimator.FrameStep(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is the exact same error as before. Unfortunately my answer would be the same as before as well.
And unfortunately I can not reproduce that error - not even with the .calendar file you send me.
I. An still only assume and guess, that it is somehow related to your environment or settings.
Are you using a special theme in the Look and Feel settings?
All really puzzling…
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

Just regular Windows 10 setup, all I disabled was automatic update for windows as well as the firewall and viruscheck for windows since I have my own router running. All I additionaly installed was Firefox, Proppfrexx and RME TotalMix as well as RME Fireface.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But you say, that every time you make a reboot, it works fine for a couple of days and all of a sudden the error happens?
- when exactly does the error happen (exactly when you open the error)?
- any logic or regularity in that error (is the error reproducible)?
- any other software being used on that machine?
- any special theme you are using in ProppFrexx or left all to its default values?

As said, I haven't heard of that error by any other user, not seen it or being able to reproduce it. Still most of my questions haven't been answered yet...
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

- when exactly does the error happen (exactly when you open the error)?
- any logic or regularity in that error (is the error reproducible)?
- any other software being used on that machine?
- any special theme you are using in ProppFrexx or left all to its default values?
1. Different, sometime when I open the Scheduler right at the beginning or and thats most of the time when I am trying to scroll or edit in the Scheduler
2. First off all I thought it is happening because I was sending but even offline the same error happens. Maybe I should try a new installation? When I click on continue while the error appears it continues with the error again, if I click on stop, PF shuts down.
3. Nope, no other software this pc is dedicated to PF... ;)
4. no special theme all by default
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't know what you mean by 'sending' and 'offline'?
Yes, clicking on 'Stop' when the error happens really stops ProppFrexx.

It indeed must be a local environment issue, as I didn't hear about that error from any other user or even can reproduce the error on my test machines.
So it must be a local problem on only your hardware - unfortunately I have no idea, what is cause it.
I even asked my UI vendor (a really large company in the US) about the error (as it happen in one of their components), but even they can not reproduce it.
So if you have a change, to try this on a different machine, that would be great. Else, I have no further explanation to that error - I am really sorry!!!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is the official answer from the UI lib vendor:
Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to determine the exact cause of this issue based on this information. This exception may occur if, for example, the drawn image is too big.
Could you please clarify the following points:
• What are the DPI settings of the machine where the issue is reproducible?
• How many monitors are used on that machine and what is their screen resolution?
• What DPI settings do you use in the application?
• Specify the Scheduler View settings used on the problematic machine. In particular, specify the Time Scales settings.
All this will help us in our investigation. We look forward to hearing from you.
TomNick

Post by TomNick »

What are the DPI settings of the machine where the issue is reproducible?
Monitor or mouse or both?
What DPI settings do you use in the application?
I dont know where to find it in the application since I never changed anything