${cpltracknamecurrent} and \${cpltracknamecurrent} changing from current to next

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
${cpltracknamecurrent} and \${cpltracknamecurrent} changing from current to next

Post by phonic »

I've noticed this evening that no matter what deck is being used as "CURRENT" ${cpltrackalbumcurrent" and "${cpltracknamecurrent}" results will change to show the "NEXT" metadata if the url stream metadata changes while it's waiting in "NEXT".

I was under the assumption that cplTrackNameCurrent is the current track and cplTrackNameNext is next track to be played as shown in ProppFrexx?
phonic
Re: ${cpltracknamecurrent} and \${cpltracknamecurrent} changing from current to next

Post by phonic »

After some testing, this also affects any command related to getting metadata even getting the details from the deck eg: ${cpltrackalbuma} ${cpltrackalbumb}. They change in the same as mentioned above when a streams metadata is updated while waiting as "NEXT".
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ${cpltracknamecurrent} and \${cpltracknamecurrent} changing from current to next

Post by radio42 »

Your understanding is correct.
I will take a look, if that is a bug and what it is...seems to be a bug, which will be fixed in the next release!
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 24 Jun 2021 07:45 Your understanding is correct.
I will take a look, if that is a bug and what it is...seems to be a bug, which will be fixed in the next release!
I was getting confused why it kept giving me unexpected results(even for current type switching from music to Internet stream for the same reason) until I investigated.

Thanks I’ll look forward to the update.
phonic

Post by phonic »

Hi,

Just noticed you've dropped v4.2.5.1. Does this update include the fix for this issue?
phonic

Post by phonic »

I've just installed the update and from my initial test it appears to be working as expected.

Thanks for your hard work, it's very much appreciated!