programs

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Radiostar929
programs

Post by Radiostar929 »

Hi Bernd. I have a question about programming sequences. We have a lot of syndycated programming that is sent to us weekly. I have noticed over periods of time that if our regular music rotations play normally during the day after a syndicated program or two plays when we go back to a regular music rotation some of the same songs are repeated. ProppFrexx seems to act like if it goes into a special program it comes back and thinks that it has not played those songs before. Is there a setting that will allow ProppFrexx to continue rotaring music, and not repeats, as if it has not been broken up by a special program?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: programs

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx does not do anything special with a special program to syndicate your shows. But it of course depends how you program your things, when you s Geduld it, how your script looks like; how your song history is, what script-modes you use (eg. Random or LeastRecentlyUsed), if you pre-generate your shows etc.
Radiostar929

Post by Radiostar929 »

Right now random works best foir that song catagory Just get lkots of repeats of songs during the weel Otheres ar never played
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Random is really random, so depending on you size it might take really some time. Plus, depending on your Song History setting äs you might have a bias, eg. think of Artist or Album and relaxed checks.
But I wonder, why you say Random works best, but have a lot of repeats? That doesn’t sound like it is working best?

I also suggest to watch the History tutorial video:
https://youtu.be/fJknoxnXOAQ
Radiostar929

Post by Radiostar929 »

I have tried least frequently played and it does no better
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but that makes no sense, as it always takes the tracks, which are least played. But there is no last frequently played, so make sure you are using the LastRecentlyPlayed mode.
But as said, I don’t know your library size and history settings.