Delay in program switch

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Delay in program switch

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I notice that there is a (very short) delay when a new program starts. I searched for settings that could cause this, but I was not able to find anything. Do you know if it can be prevented that there is a time delay between programs? Thx, JW.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Delay in program switch

Post by radio42 »

What 'delay' do you mean?
But, when a new program starts (depending on the power of your PC) the screen update (refresh) has a little 'lag/delay' - but that is purely a visual update issue, but doesn't effect any audio real-time processing and related to the nature of too many elements being updated in parallel in the UI (for example the 2nd playlist must be created and build in the background).
Unfortunately nothing I can do about either.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, no that's clear. I'm talking about maybe 0,1-0,3 seconds of delay between last track of previous playlist and TOH of new playlist. The new playlist is already prepared two minutes in advance, so it is not a lag/delay issue because of building up the screen. It is not a biggie, but given the perfect cue points of all tracks this has a little potential for improvement. That is, if it is a software setting. BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am still not sure, where you discover this ‚lag‘.
If I understand you correctly, you are talking about a real and noticeable/audible segue time between two programs.

The Segue time however is mainly determined by the StartType and the Mixing Time of the next program (and of course, if there are overlays started in between on top/in parallel).

Mixing Time:
Defines the mix time in milliseconds between two programs (which is the overlapping time of the last track of the previous script and the first track of this script).

When a new script is started 'Soft' the first track of that script is played this milliseconds before the last track of the current script is cued out.
Set to 0 to start the next program with the 'Next' cue-point of the last track of the previous script.

When the program is started 'Fixed' the fade-out time is by default determined by the mixing settings of the current playing track and this value defines the segue (overlapping) time. But when using a negative value this will define a fixed fade-out time.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I have my programs started "Soft" with a 120 seconds early or late start. I just have changed the mix time to -100 ms for all my programs. Fist check at 14:00 looks promising. Thanks for your help. BRJW