Track is NOT picked when...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Track is NOT picked when...

Post by JWvanGulik »

I have a few jingles (4 in total) of which one is only for the weekend. In the track data I have blocked all non-weekend days, but nevertheless the track is played on weekdays. Not so much as the rest of the tracks, but still. Am I missing something? Thx, JW.
JWvanGulik
Re: Track is NOT picked when...

Post by JWvanGulik »

Is it possible that the "Scripting restrictions" are not working for Cartwall tracks (jingles)?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the Track Data Scripting Restrictions are always applied for the script-line modes: Sequential, Random, Cartwall, LeastRecentlyPlayed and LastTimesPlayed.

I just tested it:
Using a script with just one script-line: "Mode=Cartwall, Entry=TestLib, Count=1, Options=SuppressHistoryCheck,SuppressAddHistory".
I then hit the "Test..." button: All 4 tracks out of the 'TestLib' have been selected.

I opened the 'TestLib' media lib and changed one entry via the TAG Editor (Alt+3) to set the restriction like this:
Projekt 2.jpg
I opened the script again and hit the "Test..." button again: Now only 3 tracks are selected, but not the one where I set the restriction.
As such, all is working as expected.

Make sure that no 'other' restrictions are set in the audio file TAG, e.g. it might be the case, that depending on your meta data defined priority, that the audio TAG data overwrites the playlist meta data?!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, thanks again for your serious attention to my question. What I don't understand is your setting "Mode=Cartwall". I have no script lines for Jingles, only the Jingles folder named in the Jingles box, Range set to "1 to 6", Count = "1' and "Random" selection. The script returns also the jingle that is restricted by day when I test the script. Maybe stupid, but can it be the Regional Setting of my system (e.g., Dutch instead of English)? BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh, in that case this explains it: The AutoJingles from the script header do currently not use the track restrictions.
I'll check, that I change this, so that track restrictions are also applied to those Jingles as well.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

That would be great! Especially because I like the function that PF chooses when to play a jingle so that it is not a standard planning. Please see if you can implement it.

Thx, JW.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

v4.2.5.3 update is available, in which now Track Scripting Restrictions are honored for AutoJingles.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Thanks Bernd! Valuable update. BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, since the last update of PF my scripts are not running correct anymore. Some music tracks are not scheduled while there is no reason why not. I can give more details if required, but since the last update jingles are now not scheduled anymore if the have restrictions but music tracks are now also skipped without a valid reason. Hope you can solve this. BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

It also looks like the Global History is not filled anymore with the latest played tracks.