Track is NOT picked when...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Re: Track is NOT picked when...

Post by JWvanGulik »

Bad news I'm afraid. Again I miss music tracks in my playlists. I'm getting pretty desperate about this issue. For now, I'm going to delete my weekend jingle again and keep you informed.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Script rules are based on the previous and next track (current track to be checked).This also includes any AutoJingle.
In your playlist you once send me only music tracks from category D and C have been included - but no Jingles. So when you say, that sometimes D or C tracks are missing, this can't be related to AutoJinges?! Or are you again hiding information...?
In addition I never received your Debug...log, nor could I see your script details and rules, as the images have been very (too) small.
So I am wondering why you are so cheap with your information?!

If you want to include the Script Rules within your script (instead of afterwards, as explained before, which is the default), make sure you have set the "UseLocalScriptRuleChecks" script option. This gives precedence for the script-line Count and avoids the pattern as I have talked beforehand.

But as said - as long as you don't send me the information I was asking for, I can hardly help.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, I don't want you to think that I'm cheap... The screenshots were not good enough so I tried something else. Hopefully these are better.
I found the log file and will send it to you by e-mail. For your information, meanwhile I deleted the weekend jingle and I checked again all the playlists from that moment on forward and (as you will guess) no problems occur. I really hope you can find something in the log file that explains this situation. BRJW
Attachments
PF2.JPG
PF1.JPG
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Your question regarding the use of jingles: I have in my script lines only music tracks, and have my jingles scheduled as you can see in the screenshot.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Many thanks, I can now read your screenshots!

One thing I spot is the ‚Add. History‘, where you added the global history file manually. This is not needed, as this is used anyhow, so it wouldn’t make sense to reference it twice. Please remove that entry.

The Debug….log of course makes only sense, where tracks are missing, in case you send one, which is fine where no track is missing, I cannot find anything.
Also make sure to indicate where (between what tracks another is missing), else it wil also hard to fine anything.
Reason behind is, that I currently don’t know what exactly I am searching for, as cure I don’t have any indication what might go wrong.
Many thanks again for your cooperation and understanding.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, Thanks for your analysis. As indicated in the .doc file that I send you on 23-08-2021 15:09 by e-mail you can see (indicated in red) where I miss tracks. So on 23-08-2021 at 08:16:37 I miss a music track "D", at 08:20:02 I miss a track "C", at 09:41:57 I miss a track "C", at 10:12:14 I miss a track "C", at 10:20:47 I miss a track "C"and at 10:45:35 I miss a track "C". These were just a sample of three hourly playlists.

As mentioned I now have deleted the weekend jingle (with the weekday-restriction) and I just checked the last ~40 hourly playlists and no flaws were found.

Hope this gives you enough information to continue your search.

BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I now notice that the log file contains only information from 13:30 onwards. It seems that I already deleted the weekend jingle before I started the log... Sorry for that. I will install the weekend jingle again with the weekday restriction and the start the log again. I will get back to you with the results as soon as possible. BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Many Thanks!
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Unbelievable. When you go to the doctor...
No flaws since the re-installation of the weekend jingle with weekday restrictions. I monitored every playlist from yesterday afternoon but no flaws found. Today it is Friday so the weekend jingle may be played again the coming days. I will keep on monitoring, but so far it all looks well. I will keep you posted. Have a good weekend! BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

:-)
Or...
Sometimes you just have to scold the system...