Track is NOT picked when...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
JWvanGulik
Re: Track is NOT picked when...

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, after a weekend and morning of checking the playlist here is my conclusion. During the weekend all jingles are in play, no scripting restrictions. I checked ALL the hourly playlists and there were NO flaws during Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All music tracks were scheduled as planned. The first hour this morning (Monday 00:00-01:00) already the first flaw was visible. The planned music track was not played. I can only conclude that when the weekend jingle is no longer available due to restrictions, the next (or previous?) music track is skipped as well. I can not tell if it is the music track before or after the jingle, because the jingles are not registered in the log files. At first I thought it had something to do with the GSH, but it seems that the problem has to do with the scripting restrictions of the weekend jingle. Hope this is enough information for you to find out what goes wrong. BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) how do you plan to play a music track?
b) I can not reproduce your conclusion, no jingle or lib restriction effects any other lib or script line in all my tests
So I guess your observation must have some other root.

As said, that the script ‚Test‘ function doesn’t leave the global history as before - this will be fixed today.

But to help you furter, I need to understand, how you observe something and what exactly.
When you say, a planned music track was not played in the first hour of the Monday - how you you plan that and how do check that.
Maybe you show me your script details and tell me in which script-line you expect something, what is not happening.
And please tell me all you history details (media, script and global) as well all your media lib details (number of tracks etc.)
I also need to know, if you generate the playlists in advance or if you use the default and let them create on the fly by the scheduler.
I hope to then get a clue on what exactly you mean.

Also note, that you can turn on the 'Debug Logging' manually in the system (general setting, section More Stuff) - but don't forget to switch it off again.
You can then send me the content to inspect it, but let let me know, when you planned something which is not happening.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, let me try to answer your questions.
a) all music is planned by using scripts. I have basically two scripts; daytime and nighttime. Both scripts are (simplified explained) 4 times group "C" and then 1 time group "D". That's why I can easily check if the right music tracks are planned.

Music tracks are planned with 5 tracks in advance "on the fly"by the scheduler. In my playlist I can easily see (also backwards) if the defined 4xC and then 1xD is adhered to. As explained, this is not always the case during weekdays. I cannot predict when a certain music track is not played, because this seems to be random. Attached my DefaultDay format script.

History settings are as follows: GSH 500, Artists 250 or 1000 min. That's it.
Music library contains 3690 tracks, Jingle library contains 6 tracks

I turned on the "debug logging". Where can I find this log?

BRJW
Attachments
ScriptRules.png
DefaultDay.png
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I made a small analysis of the LOG files and send to you in e-mail.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I can hardly see anything (but just a little), as the images are so small!
E.g. I can not see any details of your rules or script-line filters - but I guess in your script I can see the 5-1-5-1-5-1-5... pattern.
But note, that the script rules are evaluated AFTER the script-line tracks are executed/returned.
I.e. the suppress action is carried out at last.
Thus the 5-1-5-1-... pattern might change AFTER the script rules are evaluated, resulting in e.g. 5-1-4-0-3-1-4-1-5... or whatever pattern!
Meaning once a script-line returned its track(s), some of them might be suppressed due to the rules being evaluated!
This is by design and even wanted.
Maybe this fact alone explains your issues?

But, it seems you have found the log file (it is contained in the AppUserData folder of ProppFrexx, but you can also open it from the 'Tools' tab and the 'Show Log-Files...' button).
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I know you don't want to hear this, but I changed the restrictions of the weekend jingle back to "always" and the problem is disappeared. The LOG file that I turned on is showing a lot of things that I don't understand, but if you want me to send something please let me know. For now, I'm going to delete the weekend jingle. BRJW
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I was talking about the script rules and NOT the restrictions ;-) You are using both - so they might have an influence on each other - something I often call "you shot yourself into the foot".
But is the exact same script with the same rules running ever day?

And I am very sure, the issue is the script rules... but as said, I can even not see them in detail, as they are very small...but the debug log will almost contain them and tell me if one is matched or not.

Of course the debug log is only for me as a developer to help finding issues, like now - but not for the end-user ;-)
So just send it over plus the trackname when something happens or the exact time - so I can investigate.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I changed the script rules for tempo settings and have changed the weekend jingle again with the restricted days. Let me test a few hours again and I will get back to you tomorrow with my findings. Thanks again, JW.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Actually, send me the Debug…log file would help me most. Else I am mainly guessing…
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, yesterday I deleted some script rules regarding the use of jingles and after checking the playlists of last night the problem seems to be gone. What I still don't understand is why music tracks were skipped while the script rules were only defined for automatic jingles to make sure that at least the initial jingle tempo was in line with the outro tempo of the previous (music) track. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks again for your help. BRJW