Track is NOT picked when...

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Track is NOT picked when...

Post by radio42 »

I assume, that this seems to be any other reason. In the latest .3 update track restrictions are honored for AutoJingles.
Music tracks, the Global History etc. was not changed at all.

What exactly has changed in your opinion?
How do you test this exactly?
And for details, either the Debug.log would be needed (with the exact time stamp where something is going wrong).
Or maybe even more useful, the complete output of the ‘Test…’ script functionality plus the indicator, where something is wrong. Note, that with the script test also every skipped track is logged incl. the reason for the skip.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

I try to attach a text file with the Test specifics, but it does not work. I tried .txt, .doc, .pdf but none of these three seem to work.

In the test file music tracks are discarded due to "directly contained in global history" while these tracks are new, not played before, also the artist is unique. This looks like my earlier problem that I had when adding new music tracks to my music library. At that time it had to do with the "consider manual added tracks" settings, but they are all set to "Never". I really don't understand what is going wrong here. It worked for many weeks perfectly, but since last update I have these issues again. By the way, I checked also some older history playlists from before the update and no problems found.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Either send it via email or PM me - or just past the relevant text here...
However, when you have the message "directly contained in global history" I assume you don't even have to send anything - since the message basically tells you, that the track is directly contained in the global song history!

In the general settings or via the 'Tools' ribbon tab and the ribbon button 'Show Global-History...' you can show the tracks contained in the global history.
In the global history dialog you can even search for a Trackname or Filename (press CTRL+F to find a track).
Or press SHIFT+Del to remove the selected track from the history.

This way you can see, when and why a track is added to the history, or t it is currently present.
I am very sure, that this check (is directly contained) is correct.
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Hi Bernd, that is exactly the problem. My newly added track "Iron Maiden - Can I play with madness" (just an example) is contained in the Global Song History, while it has never been played. When I check the Alt+2 information the counter says "0/0,.. 738020 days ago". This means that PF tries to plan the track, finds it in the Global Song History, then discards it from the playlist while it has never been played. I'm sure this is changed after the update, because I checked many playlists from the past (before the update) and all tracks are perfectly planned and played. After the update every hourly playlist has flaws in it. BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Sometimes a music track is skipped in the playlist! I don't understand why this is done. I checked the testing of scripts and could not find an error. I'm not sure how this is caused.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Your tracks are skipped because of "directly contained in global history".
Why this is happening is explained above - see the Global History Entries.

One typical issue is 'bad tagging' - as said, first the 'Trackname' is used (by default this is 'Artist - Title'; only if both are empty the filename is used).

If a track is not picked at all by a script (instead of skipped), make sure, that the media library is reloaded or rescanned as well you don't have specified a Filter.
And check the mode, e.g. it might take various tries when e.g. the 'Random' mode picks a track. That also depends on the size of your media libs.

So how big is the lib, what mode do you use in the script ...?
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

My lib is ~3700 music tracks and the mode in the scripts is LeastRecentlyPlayed. Again, it worked fine until the update, the music tracks were picked perfectly and never was a music track skipped. It looks like when a jingle is not played because of restrictions, the music track (before or after?) is skipped as well. Besides that, as already explained, how is it possible that tracks are contained in the Global History when they were never played? Newly added tracks that are immediately taken into the Global History while the counter is on "0" and the amount of days last played is on 738020. If there is no bug in PF, can you tell me how to return to the previous version? I find it more inconvenient that tracks are skipped then that certain jingles are played on wrong moments. BRJW
JWvanGulik

Post by JWvanGulik »

Funny detail: today it is Friday, which means that all jingles are allowed (including the Weekend jingle). So far, no flaws in the playlists...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I’ll take a look to your first issue and check that (even if nothing was changed there). Please still send me the output of the Test function, as that would be indicated there, if a track is slipped due to a track restriction.

A track will only be added to the global history, if it is used. But in the general setting (section Logging/History) you might set an option - set on on the ‘More…’ button and set the ‘Add to Global History’ option.
Eg.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just figured, that the script ‚Test‘ function doesn’t leave the global history as before, ie. tracks are added during the testing. I need to correct that. Eg. when not using it, all should be fine.

But the restrictions are working fine only for each track. So I could not reproduce your other assumption.