How to Import New Songs to ProppFrexx

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marinohb
How to Import New Songs to ProppFrexx

Post by marinohb »

Hello,

How I can import from the data from ProppFrexx every time I add a song or another MP3 into PowerGold without doing it manually copying the GUID, File ID, Artist and Title.

Is there a way to generate an CSV file with the new files added into the system?

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to Import New Songs to ProppFrexx

Post by radio42 »

In the general settings, section Folder/Libraries, please select the button 'Export Media Libraries...'
In the upcoming dialog you can select the relevant media lib(s), the format (e.g. CSV) and the location.
You might specify an exclude filter as well as the option 'Only Newer than' to only export files whose last modification date is equal or greater than the given date... sounds like exactly what you are looking for.
marinohb

Post by marinohb »

Thank you.

Is there a way to combine the Directory and Filename. I get E:\RADIO 104 MUSIC on one column and SONG - Title.mp3 on another one.

I need to have the value E:\RADIO 104 MUSIC\SONG - Title.mp3

Thanks!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The topic is even called "...Import New Songs..." - but we are now talking about exporting songs ;-)
However...

In the Export Dialog you specify a 'Format' to use for the export. The export formats are predefined, but still freely configurable!
And the effective output depends on which 'Format' you are using.
If you for example choose the "Default CSV/TSV" format it would contain a combined field filename and path.
So I guess you are using the Music 1 or Powergold format? In these formats two separate fields path and filename are defined according to Powergold resp. Music 1.

In the installation folder of ProppFrexx you will find a file called "ProppFrexx.exportformats". In this file the currently defined export formats are defined. You might change these formats or add new. But you do this on your own risk - as you can break the definition - so make a backup first.
Take a look to the 'All Fields CSV' format to see all possible fields, e.g. '${filenameandpath}', which denotes the combined field filename and path.

Note:
Windows since Windows 7 doesn’t allow you access by default to your C:\Program Files folder.
But don’t worry, you simply have to grant access to the folder.
E.g. go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\radio42 and make a right-click and select ‘Properties’ in the dialog select the ‘Security’ tab and grant full access to everyone. Select ‘Everyone’ as the user/user group and select Full Access and finally click OK.

If you need to import logs from Powergold see here...
Here are some posts related to integrating external scheduler log files into ProppFrexx. Some relate to other scheduling apps, but the concept is essentially always the same:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... ?f=9&t=701
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... f=7&t=1474
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... f=9&t=1078
Also follow the links posted in the above threads...