News management + auto mute of studio monitors

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
alesradiob
News management + auto mute of studio monitors

Post by alesradiob »

Hello,

thank you for the Proppfrexx. We moved our radio from different radio automation system and we are very satisfied with Proppfrexx now. We have enterprise edition.

I just have 2 quick questions:

1. News management
We would like to use news management system to prepare:
- daily news block
- upcoming parties/gigs in region block

And now my question - is it possible to have each "news" or "party" spoken in one track and then schedule this track to specific dates? For example "information about PARTY A" will be played from 10. 9. 2021 till 13. 9. 2021". Information about PARTY B will be plaid from 12. 9. - 14.9. 2021" . etc... So we can prepare each tracks in advance and then system automatically play them?

I saw in settings of news that there is some "Separator" track. It looks like that its possible to have one news block with more tracks, but when I import more tracks there, then its only played one per block.

2. Muting fo studio monitors
We have 3 mics in the studio and I dont know how to set simple rule, that if ANY OF these 3 mics are ON (doesnt matter if I move fader up or unmute whole channel) then studio monitors are automatically deactivated and monitor sound (including playing track and mics) is going only to headphones channels.

How to set this?

Thank you!!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News management + auto mute of studio monitors

Post by radio42 »

To 1:
yes, you can schedule to play the news in overlay A and the party news as overlay B, C, …
In the general settings you can set the combine parallel overlays. When two or more overlays are scheduled at exactly the same start time and using the same show in advance time, those are combined and played one directly after the other.
In this case, the ‚Prio.‘ value of the overlays defines the order of the effective playout. Still, they are combined and seen as one.
The Seperator track is not used in this case. It is used, when you play for example an advert slot to which you have assigned multiple campaigns.

To 2:
In input resp. output mixer channel configuration you have an option called ‚Unmute on TalkOver‘ resp. ‚Mute On TalkOver‘. This setting defines for which input mixer channels what output mixer channels should be muted.
This is exactly doing what you are looking for.

Hint: Click on the ‚?‘ icon at the top right of each dialog to get help about each option.
alesradiob

Post by alesradiob »

Hello,

thank you for the answer.

Point 2 is clear now and already solved. Thank you!

Point 1:
I propably explained my requested "wish" not correctly. I will give you one example on News block what I want to create.

I would like to record separately these short spoken tracks:
- Sentence A
- Sentence B
- Sentence C
- Sentence D

Then schedule these sentences like bellow (for example all sentences are recorded today):
- Sentence A (scheduled to 3. 9. - 5. 9.)
- Sentence B (scheduled to 4.9. - 6. 9.)
- Sentence C (vcsheduled to 9. - 7.9)
- Sentence D (scheduled to .9. - 8.9)

And the requested feature is that I will use only one block called for example "Main news" and assign this block to every hour. Then will be played:
- 3.9. - Sentence A
- 4.9. - Sentence A + (separator) + Sentence B
- 5.9. - Sentence A + (separator) + Sentence B + (separator) + Sentence C
- 6.9. - Sentence B + (separator) + Sentence C + (separator) + Sentence D
- 7.9. - Sentence C + (separator) + Sentence D
- 8.9. - Sentence D

I hope that from these example its clear what I mean. It would be really great for example for blocks with recoomendations to current event in region, etc.. Because you can prepare it up front and then when is the right time, it would play.

I know that this schedule possibility is in Advert management but I miss it also in News management.

Or is there any workaround how I can do it?

Thank you!

Best regards
Ales
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I will take that onto the wishlist and see, what I can do. Thanks for the explanation.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Added to v4.2.6.0!

You can now specify a News Group (instead of a single News). When selecting a News Group, all News of that Group is played (the track num param defined how many tracks per news, default is 1).
When selecting a group, the first resp. last News defines the Opener resp. Closer track. The Separator is picked per News.
In addition a News now has a Priority value, which defines the order in which News are played in case you defined a Group. Plus each News has a Start and End Date, so that the News is only played within that range.
alesradiob

Post by alesradiob »

Woaw!!!

Unbelievable quick update! Thank you very much!!
alesradiob

Post by alesradiob »

I am just checking, it looks very well.

The only thing what you have mentioned (and I can not find) is the Track Num parameter (what should define how many tracks per news are played). Where is it please?

Thanks

Ales
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When using a script, it is the Count parameter.
When using an Overlay, there are 2 Paramus behind the News resp. Group name separated by the | symbol:
“Name|NumTracks|MaxDuration”
This defaults to “Name|1|0”.
alesradiob

Post by alesradiob »

Hi Berndt,

clear, thank you again for your quick work.

Just suggestion for the future. Now if we are able to play different News group scheduled by date (and we can play more then one News Group in one slot at a time) it would be very helpful to have possibility to set Opened, Closer, Separator and Soundbed on Group level (at this moment we can set there only name of group).

Its quite complicated now, because at this moment for each news category I need to set all track again (opener, closer, separator and soundbed). But for example opener will be played only at first track (closer at last). But what is first News cateogry and what is last is changing continuously during the time.

And then functionality would be easy - if this is set on Group level then use this one, if not, use current one on News Category level.

But again, we can live with it. But nice feature at next update :)

Thank you