default media type

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Michel67
default media type

Post by Michel67 »

I try to change all songs in the library from "Music II" to "Music" but it doesn't work?!
Attachments
default media type.JPG
radio42
Site Admin
Re: default media type

Post by radio42 »

When you click on the '?' at the top right of each dialog, the help for the 'Default Media Type' says:
"Specifies the default media entry type for all tracks contained in the library having no entry type set."

I assume, that a media type might be already set for your tracks. I.e. the 'Default Media Type' isn't applied to these tracks.
Could this be the case/reason?

I have just tested the behavior here and it works as designed, the default media entry type is set for all track having no entry type yet set.
If you need to mass change the track's Media Emtry Type, you can open the library a playlist (see the Open ribbon tab) and then select the 'Meta Data' tab and enable the 'Direct TAG Editing' button - select all tracks (Ctrl+A) - right-click and select the new Media Type in the context menu 'Track Settings' -> Type and select the new value. Disable the 'Direct TAG Editing' button after you are done.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

I can change them in a playlist 1 by 1. all at the same time as described does not work because I only have 1 choice and that is the current music II
Attachments
default media type.JPG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can change it (but due to a current bug in the UI lib, it is not that obvious resp. the combo box is defacto invisible).
When you have selected multiple or all entries, just click on the Type value and use the arrow up and down arrow key to change the value - when done press the Enter key or click outside the popup window to close it. After, that icon of all selected entries will change accordingly.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

that seems to work partially, but when I open 1 from this list via the tag editor, apparently nothing has changed. shouldn't I save this somewhere?
Attachments
default media type.JPG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The TAG Editor is not designed for mass changes. These are done via Direct TAG Editing directly in the playlist.

The UI bug has BTW already been fixed in the new v4.2.6.3.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

could i do it like this? just before click outside the popup window to close it. right-click save meta data tags or save meta data files
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don’t understand?!
What are you trying to do? But however, it sounds a quick test will answer your question yourself.