ProppFrexx in combination with D&R Webstation, don't communicate

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx in combination with D&R Webstation, don't communicate

Post by radio42 »

Yes, of course. A firewall or virus scanner can block certain traffic.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 21:20 Yes, of course. A firewall or virus scanner can block certain traffic.
I shut off the firewall and virus scanner but still no result.

Sidenote: Is it normal that i have to startup the GPIO client manually?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No. When you enable the GPIO Ext. Service within ProppFrexx ONAIR in the general settings, the GPIO Client is started normally automatically. But all that can be configure in the general settings, section GPIO.

If that service is not enabled, no communication between the client and ProppFrexx would be possible.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 21:50 No. When you enable the GPIO Ext. Service within ProppFrexx ONAIR in the general settings, the GPIO Client is started normally automatically. But all that can be configure in the general settings, section GPIO.

If that service is not enabled, no communication between the client and ProppFrexx would be possible.
I have checked the box Enable GPIO Ext. Service in the GPIO/Remoting Tab. But when i click OK, no GPIO client is starting up. How do i fix that it is starting up automatically?

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just tested it here again and it does. How are you testing things?
Just disabling and re enabling the checkbox will not do this, as the checkbox in the settings (only) enables the GPIO Ext. Service at startup.

The effective status (started/stopped) of the GPIO Ext. Service can be checked in the Remote Control Monitor (RCM, see the main mixer channel popup).
Projekt 1.jpg
A double-click on the status label will effectively start resp. stop the service and also start or stop the related service apps, e.g. the GPIO Client.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 23:26 Just tested it here again and it does. How are you testing things?
Just disabling and re enabling the checkbox will not do this, as the checkbox in the settings (only) enables the GPIO Ext. Service at startup.

The effective status (started/stopped) of the GPIO Ext. Service can be checked in the Remote Control Monitor (RCM, see the main mixer channel popup).
Projekt 1.jpg A double-click on the status label will effectively start resp. stop the service and also start or stop the related service apps, e.g. the GPIO Client.
That's the strange thing about it. I can't change anything in that screen as you can see on the picture. Image

Is there a thing that i have to turn on before using the Remote Control?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Only the license edition. You need at least the Premium Edition to have the GPIO feature enabled.
And the TCP/IP service should also be enabled.

@royblokzijl: The issue should be solved, as it seems, that you are using the Basic-Edition - but any Remote-Control functions are only available starting from the Premium-Edition, see here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 22 Oct 2021 22:32 Only the license edition. You need at least the Premium Edition to have the GPIO feature enabled.
And the TCP/IP service should also be enabled.

@royblokzijl: The issue should be solved, as it seems, that you are using the Basic-Edition - but any Remote-Control functions are only available starting from the Premium-Edition, see here: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html
I have upgraded ProppFrexx to Premium and now the problem is solved. Many thanks for all your help!