continuous back timing

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
phonic
continuous back timing

Post by phonic »

I have continuous back timing enabled in "playlist settings", but I have noticed when presenters load their playlists the setting is disabled and needs to be manually switched on again.
I was thinking initially this was due to presenters loading playlists created before the setting was changed and overriding the default setting but I'm also seeing this with newly created playlists. Any reason this would be happening?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: continuous back timing

Post by radio42 »

When loading a manual playlist file, the 'Continuous Back Timing' is only honored, when you are in 'Manual Live-Assist' mode is enabled.
I.e. click on the button o activate it, as else the system assumes you are in Automatic Mode, where the continuous back timing isn't needed.
phonic

Post by phonic »

I've just been doing some tests on a new install and found that the option is only enabled when you create a new playlist. If you save it and reopen it's no longer enabled.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The option (Manual Live-Assist) is a global one and not saved or restored with a playlist.
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 01 Oct 2021 18:40 The option (Manual Live-Assist) is a global one and not saved or restored with a playlist.
So the continuous back timing option in playlists in settings is only ever used if the presenter creates only a new playlist from on the spot?
Any workaround for this so it's always enabled(or a tcp command to enable it)?

I maybe confusing the situation here. Our studios are always fully manual, no scheduling, auto modes, or other options are turned on, only our main systems running ProppFrexx are used for that purpose.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, when you create a playlist manually (but not from a playlist file) the continuous back timing mode is honored.
But when a playlist is created from a playlist file, the continuous back timing mode is only honored when the Live-Assist mode is activated.
When a playlist is created automatically from the scheduler the continuous back timing mode is always disabled.

The continuous back timing mode can not be changed via a control-command.
But you can change the manual live assist mode via:
PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_TOGGLE/ON/OFF
phonic

Post by phonic »

radio42 wrote: 01 Oct 2021 19:34 No, when you create a playlist manually (but not from a playlist file) the continuous back timing mode is honored.
But when a playlist is created from a playlist file, the continuous back timing mode is only honored when the Live-Assist mode is activated.
When a playlist is created automatically from the scheduler the continuous back timing mode is always disabled.

The continuous back timing mode can not be changed via a control-command.
But you can change the manual live assist mode via:
PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_TOGGLE/ON/OFF
just noticed the manual live-assist was not selected. I'm going blind....
I can't find an option in settings to have this on by default(unless I've missed that one as well), so I've added PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION ON when a playlist is opened and does have the desired outcome as you stated above.

Thanks for your assistance as always.