Track insertion and saving to TAG

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Track insertion and saving to TAG

Post by Farbo »

Hi Bernd.

If I do a track insertion for indiviual track and then save metadata to TAQ, will this inserted track be written to original MP3 file or PF just looks for this file according to its location?

I want to save the music track with inserted jingle file and send it to other moderators and they will just copy this file into music file´s folder and use it already with this track insertion.
Peter
Farbo
Re: Track insertion and saving to TAG

Post by Farbo »

OK, I get it. So the file has to have the same location. :-( Or can I save the music track somehow with this inserted track? For example I can downmix it with that inserted track and that´s it, right.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

"Save MetaData to TAGs" saves them to the TAG data, that's the underlying audio file.
I am not sure what you mean by "just looks for this file according to its location"?!

However, you would always need to provide both files to the other user, so both files should at best reside in the same folder, other wise the file location might not be found on the other PCs.
If you prepare a playlist you might use the "Copy Playlist To..." option (underneath the Save button in the ribbon to do so).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, you can also downmix that file (incl. the track insert), e.g. from within the PFL Player (just right-click on the PFL name and select 'Downmix...').