Sound Solution and ProppFrexx ONAIR

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TheoOrl45
Sound Solution and ProppFrexx ONAIR

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi everybody,

Testing the current version of ProppFrexx for personal use, I try to set the DSP settings in order to use sound solution 1.31 plugin...
I put it in a "winamp" directory into the proppfrexx installation directory. In "Settings", I select the correct folder for "Winamp" plugin.
Into the mixer, I can select the "sound solution" plugin and activate it...

But, what about the presets ? I have numerous presets, but, whatever I copy-pasted the presets files, the plugin doesn't find them when I use the "+" ou "-" buttons... Where, in my computer, do I have to put the presets files for the plugin being able to load them ?

Futhermore, I try to create a new one directly into the plugin window with the "save" button. I thought that I could find, after this operation, the new file created... But, it seems that the new preset is not saved :-(

Could you help me ? Is it a matter of windows user rights ?
What could you recommend me to test ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

--
Theo
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Sound Solution and ProppFrexx ONAIR

Post by radio42 »

As far as I remember the SoundSolution plugin is looking for the preset files in its parent directory.
So try to copy your preset files into the main ProppFrexx installation folder.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Hi Bernd,

I tried the "winamp" directory and the parent directory (which is the main proppfrexx installation folder).
=> No result. No idea where the problem is.

Perhaps problem with Windows rights... I will try tonight to execute proppfrexx in admin mode to verify if it gives better results...
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Indeed, it's a matter of rights. But I don't understand...

When I run proppfrexx "run as administrator", soundsolution plugin could load/write all the preset files... but ProppFrexx doesn't manage to load any sound card... no sound at all. Impossible to drag and drop a sound file into a player... nothing.

When I run proppfrexx as usual, soundsolution could not load/write the preset files... but ProppFrexx plays sounds correctly.

uh? What does it mean ? :shock:
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Perhaps an idea...

On my laptop (windows 7 too), no problem : sound ok and soundsolution too. My laptop has a Windows 7 64 bits version (no problem). My PC includes a Windows 7 32 bits version (problem).
Is it possible that the version of Windows 7 could drive me to those problems ?

Moreover, after new tests, when I run ProppFrexx "as administrator", playback finally works only if I add item into the playlist (or others players) by using the "add" selection menu. No drag'n'drop !! My previous playlist (the one which plays fine when I run ProppFrexx as usual) doesn't playback in "as administrator" if I don't replace the file by the same one, using the "add" menu :-(

Quite anoying. What does it mean about windows 7 32 bits version ?
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

ProppFrexx is by itself a 32-bit application - so it will run fine on both Win7 32-bit as well as 64-bit.
You should also NOT run ProppFrexx as an Admin - but as a default user, just like normal - as Win7 disables some drag&drop functionalities by itself when in Admin mode.

So I guess your main issue is UAC:
Note, that by default UAC is turned On, on any Win7 machine, which is good.
ProppFrexx is by default installed to the "Programs" resp. "Programs (x86)" folder.
However, Windows prohibits ANY write access to these default folders in UAC mode - which is also good!
But it sounds like 'SoundSolution' needs write access to its preset files.
As such you can do either of the following:
a) grant read and write access rights to your User to your ProppFrexx installation folder
b) install ProppFrexx to a different folder (e.g. 'C:\ProppFrexx')
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Great ! :D

I've done all you say yesterday and it works perfectly now !!
Theo, from France.