How To-Jingle on the DJ C

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
grebda
How To-Jingle on the DJ C

Post by grebda »

Hi brend
I stop to define whether or not a jingles played only on DJ C. Sorry for my bad english ! David
Attachments
How To ?
How To ?
HowTo1.JPG (8.23 KiB) Viewed 10997 times
SORRY FOR MY VERY BAD ENGLISH !! :-( :-(
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How To-Jingle on the DJ C

Post by radio42 »

You can not define, that tracks of a certain media type should only be played on a certain DJ Player.
Entries within a playlist are played in the order as they are defined - this has priority!
Which DJ Player is used depends on the fact, which DJ Player is currently 'free' to play the next entry.

Any other logic wouldn't make any sense, as else you couldn't guarantee, that the playlist is played in its defined order!

Is this what you ment?
grebda

Post by grebda »

I thought it so that everything will play only on A and DJ B DJ, The DJ would play C JIGLE ONLY! Sorry for my bad english !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, the DJ Players are all equal and will play out whatever playlist entry.
The next free DJ Player will simply play the next track.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Bernd,

It could be quite anoying in fact, in some cases. Imagine : 3 DJ Players for 3 soundcards, linked to 3 faders in the mixing console. You want the fader3 to always play the jingles, becaue you set, for example, some sound processing presets or others adjustments specific to this fader.
However, with the 3 DJ Players (that are "equal" as you said), you can't define to which fader you send the jingle, because the jingle could rotate on player A, player B ou player C (and so, rotate on fader1, fader2 and fader3).

For some radios, it could be a problem.... that's why it would have been convenient to choose if a DJ Player is standard (playlist tracks rotate into it), ou if a DJ Player only play a type of media track.
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I see what you mean, but that would also mean you could not play and mix to sub-sequent Jingles in a row?!
Meaning, if your playlist plays two jingles after each other, but PlayerC is still playing the previous jingle...what to do?

However, are we talking about 'Live-Moderation'?
If yes, why don't you use the Cardwalls - they can be setup to a dedicated output (and thus fader)?
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

You're totally right for mixing sub-sequent Jingles in a row. By the way, it's not a real problem.

Rightly, if we define, for example, Player C for playing only jingle tracks, no matter that we can't mix separately sub-sequent jingles in a row because it will only be interesting for automation playback (i.e no dj) ! Indeed, for "live moderation", as you said, jingles could be played using cartwalls (instead of Player C) and so, as you mentioned, be dedicated to specific faders...
Theo, from France.
TheoOrl45

Post by TheoOrl45 »

Oh yes, I get the point !
I was thinking about playback (and so, soundcard output that you can easily mix, no matter the player used). But, you think about players and I get your point now...

Indeed, if there are 2 sub-sequent jingles track, you can't load the second in the same player because it's still "in use". You're right. I know that mAirlist provides users with this kind of features, but I don't know how it manages playback in such this case for 2 sub-sequents tracks of the same media type.
Theo, from France.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I might take a look, if an option for that would be possible (to define a dedicated DJPlayer to be used for certain Media-Types, e.g. Jingles).
This would for example mean:
The dedicated DJPlayer (e.g. C, which is limited for playout of certain media types) would ONLY be used for those defined media types.
All other tracks would only use the 'other' DJPLayers (e.g. A and B).
However, if two sub-sequent tracks of the above defined media-types are defined/used within your playlist and the dedicated DJPLayer(s) are still 'in-use', there would ne no other choice than playing that track on one of the 'other' DJPlayers!
Example:
DJ A=all; DJ B=all; DJ C=Jingles only:
1. Music Track1
2. Music Track2
3. Jingle1
4. Jingle2
Would mean:
1. Track1 is played on A
2. Track2 is played on B
3. Jingle1 is played on C
4. Jingle2 is played on A (as C is still 'in-use')!

I put this on the wish list for a future release!
grebda

Post by grebda »

Just what I thought! That's it!