Advertisements opener/closer and fix time elements!!

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Advertisements opener/closer and fix time elements!!

Post by bebo_saed »

he Bernd

actually i have 2 questions to ask about:

i went through the advertising manager and i totally understood it, but i need to ask you about the opener and closer tracks for the AD slots, i've created my slots using the advert slots wizard and made my slots to be every 15 min with no end date. the only option i have for the opener closer track is to choose only one file for each one, how could i make the prog to change the opener/closer track with every ad slot as if it's a script line to choose sequently from a folder?

the 2nd question is about the fix time elements in the scripts, i want to make a fix time element that it plays news every 1 hour but i want it to play a certain news track 3 times at the top of 3 hours then it automatically chose the next sequenced news track and plays it 3 times at the top of 3 hours and so on, i thought an overlay will make it by i think the fix time element is smarter to do the job.

THANKS.
bebo_saed
Re: Advertisements opener/closer and fix time elements!!

Post by bebo_saed »

Thank you Bernd for your reply, i know get it,

i've another question to ask you about if you allow me :)

i do really like the talk user options it's very helpful when DJ is on air, there is an options that slides the master fader to -12bd when pressing talk which is great but also it decreases the mic level as the master goes down, how can i program PFOA to decrease DJA and DJB volume to -12 db with out decreasing the master volume or the mic volume?
also the same thing i need to be done with the card wall library, how would i decrease the songs volume in DJA and DJB to a certain level faded while the card wall file plays and when finished it fades back in to 100% level.

sorry for bothering you Bernd and thanks in advance...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The TalkOver or the TalkUser functions do always attenuate the 'Master Volume'.
However, you can define for each mixer-output-channel, if the master volume should be 'applied' to this mixer channel.
If you open the resp. mixer-channel configuration (e.g. by double-cklicking on the mixer channel name or make a right-click and select 'Edit Settings...') you can define the 'Apply Master Volume' option.

Note, that the 'Apply Master Volume' option is only available for mixer-output-channels, as mixer-input-channels are never affected by the Master Volume.
As such I belive, that you routed your MIC to a mixer-output-channel and that this mixer-output-channel has the 'Apply Master Volume' option set.

As you can define any number of mixer-output-channels and route each 'player' to an individual mixer-output-channel (e.g. you might define a separate virtual sub-bus channel to be used with the DJ Players as well as a separate one for the cardwall), you are able to control each mixer-output-channel individually.
This allows you to apply the master volume to certain mixer-output-channels and don't apply it for others.

To automatically fade down the volume of the DJ Players whenever a cardwall card is playing and fade it back in again, you might make use of so called system events and assign so called control-commands to it.
You can assign these control-commands within the general settings (e.g. press F3 to open) and go to the section 'Events/Commands'.
In that event list locate the 'Cardwall' entries and expand this node.
Here you fins the events 'OnCardPlay' and 'OnCardPause' (for both cardwalls I and II).

Assume your mixer-output-channel which is being used by the DJ Players is called "PLAY"
You can now use the control-command "MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE" in order to slide the fader of a mixer-channel.
The command takes 2 parameters:
a) the mixer channel name (in the example this would be "PLAY")
b) the target volume to slide to (between 0.0=silent and 1.0=maximum 0dB)
The full control command would e.g. be:
"MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PLAY|0.5" (without the quotes)

In the "Events/Commands" locate the 'Cardwall.OnCardPlay' entry and click on the commands column.
A popup window appears in which you can directly edit the command (or you click on the 'Edit' button to use the control-command builder).
Enter: "MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PLAY|0.5" (without the quotes)

In the "Events/Commands" locate the 'Cardwall.OnCardPause' entry and click on the commands column.
A popup window appears in which you can directly edit the command (or you click on the 'Edit' button to use the control-command builder).
Enter: "MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PLAY|1.0" (without the quotes)

Now you have assigned control-commands to the OnCardPlay and OnCardPause events.
OnCardPlay = MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PLAY|0.5
OnCardPause = MIXER_OUTPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE PLAY|1.0

This means whenever a card start to play (OnCardPlay) the assigned control-command is executed, which in this case will fade the volume of the mixer with the name "PLAY" down by 50%.
And whenever the card stops to play (OnCardPause) the assigned control-command is executed, which in this case will fade the volume of the mixer with the name "PLAY" back to 100%.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can define an Opener/Separator/Closer per Advert-Slot AND/OR an Opener/Closer per Campaign.
So each Slot and/or each Campaign can get different Opener/Closer tracks.
However, these are fixed files and you currently can not specify any random tracks to pick.

For your 'News' it seems, that overlays might be the right choise.
You can define different 'scripts' to be used with the differnet overlays to pick differnt news tracks for each 3 hours.
E.g. you create 24 overlay instances:
1h, 2h, 3h are using 'script1'.
4h, 5h, 6h are using 'script2'.
7h, 8h, 9h are using 'script3'.
etc.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Bernd YOU ARE GENIUS, first for creating such a program 2nd for your great assistant for us,,

But excuse me i do have another question hope that it won't bother you :$

when having a live show i need to put a sound bed so as to be played underneath the announcer voice, i will but it manually in the playlist so it played and looped for an interval of the link, every time it plays it needs to be put to loop mode until i release it, how can i program the sound file itself that whenever it enters the playlist it automatically loop it self, no need to set that manually, as it can be put in the file tag itself or something like that, is that possible?

BEST REGARDS AND MANY THANKS...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this is possible:
Each track has so called 'Track Options' (which you can define e.g. from within the TAG Editor or directly in the playlist by right-clicking on the entry and select the 'Track Settings - Options' menu).
The option you are looking for is called "LoopEntry".
Once set the related track will be looped.
You can stop the loop by either:
- manually changing the Loop state (e.g. in the DJ Player or Track Settings)
- manually advancing the playlist to the next track ("Play Next")

The same option can also be set within the Script-Editor (for a related script-line entry).

To make a track option persistant, you can save the track meta data to either the TAGs or to the .pfmd file.
Or if you are working with pre-prepared playlist files and use the .pfp playlist format, any track options will automatically be saved to that playlist file (and you don't need to make it persistant to the TAGs or .pfmd file).

However, this option is quite dangerous:
Assume you have set this "LoopEntry" option for a particular track.
As such whenever this track is played, it is played in an endless loop until a user (moderator) maually advances the playlist to the next track (e.g. via the "Play Next" button) or toggles this loop flag to off.
When you (for whatever reason) use such file in automated scheduler mode (unattended via a user) - your playlist will also loop forever at this track!

So be aware of this and make sure to ONLY use this flag, if you are really sure your playlist is attended and controlled by a user (moderator)!
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Thank you Bernd for your help and sorry for bothering you with my Questions :)