Update track title for different media entry when streaming

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Update track title for different media entry when streaming

Post by Farbo »

Is it possible to set default track title for different media entries when streaming. For example I want to update concrete artist and title for music tracks but for other media entry types like station IDs, jingles I want to set some default text (like station name or News if news tracks are played out).
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Update track title for different media entry when stream

Post by radio42 »

Yes you can.
In the general settingsm section 'Streaming' do the following:
a) select the 'Use MediaType for excluded Tracks' option in the 'Streaming Options' combobox.
b) in the 'Exclude from Title Updates' combobox check those MediaTypes which you want to exclude (e.g. 'News', 'Jingles', etc.)
c) further click on the '...' button at the end of the 'Exclude from Title Updates' combobox and here you might specify a dedicated song tilte to use for those excluded MediaTypes

Explanation:
With step b) you excluded certain MediaTypes from the general Streaming SongTitle update.
With step a) you kind of overwrite this and tell the system to use the MediaType name instead.
And with step c) you can freely define a song tilte per MediaType to use instead.
Farbo
Re: Update track title for different media entry when stream

Post by Farbo »

Works perfectly. :-) If using ProppFrexx Player what shall I change in config in order to see only artist-title without ": station name"?
Peter