Lock mixer channel´s setting

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Lock mixer channel´s setting

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I still experience some difficulties with mixer channels.

1. I set perspective devices for output and input channel
2. I connect new sound device (like connecting HDMI cable to TV) for my personnal use
3. I close PF after I finish broadcasting
4. When I again open PF I got error messages from BASS.dll that PF can not find some devices (the ones I defined for output and input channels) and I have to manually edit channels in order to set desired devices for output channels.

I would welcome some feature which would completely lock mixer channel´s settings so they do not change after I plug in other sound devices to computer. Connecting and disconnecting other devices to computer should not have any effect on settings of individual mixer channels.

Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not, just ask for more details. I will provide if I can.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Lock mixer channel´s setting

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately this is a Windows thing.
When connecting new devices Windows might completly reorder the devices and even rename some of them.
So there is actually no real chance to lock those previous devices.
That is at least the case for WDM and WASAPI.
When using ASIO you wouldn't habe that trouble.
Or you keep at least the devices connected all the time. Which I recommend anyhow for a radiostation.
Farbo
Re: Lock mixer channel´s setting

Post by Farbo »

Devices used for PF are always connected. But for example this HDMI connection (used only occassionaly) causes problems mentioned above. I know PF is not SAM Broadcaster and its code is something different but I remember when I used it and set device for perspective channel it stayed there even when I connected other devices, etc. I do not know the possibilities of PF and its code. But you mention it is a windows thing. :-(
Peter